North Carolina Babies

So, *IF* I get Eli's hair cut?

Where should I go?  I don't really see the point in taking him to the salon I go, that seems like overkill, and honestly kind of a pain since I'll have to take time off work and drive downtown.

There's a Great Clips near us, and I think a Fantastic Sams too.  I know they're open in the evenings.  Do you think they would have experience doing a first haircut?  I have no idea how Eli will handle having his hair cut, so a little experience will go a long way.  I'll probably do it myself in the future if it goes well.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: So, *IF* I get Eli's hair cut?

• What if your dh takes him where he gets his hair cut? Of course, if your dh is like mine he does it himself.. The first time I took him to the lady that does my hair then I put dh in charge of this. He took him to  a barber but now dh cuts grady's hair. I would think a fantastic sams or great clips would be fine.
    PS grady liked gettig his hair cut at first but now he hates it! It is a battle that is why dh started cutting it. We were so embarrassed by how he acted at the barber.
  • we have a kids haircut place in Raleigh, it is called Snip-its.  I love it.  They are extremely patient and geared toward kids. GL
  • Loading the player...
  • DH shaves his head, so he does it himself.  And even when he lets it grow, he still does it himself.  But that's a good idea if it were applicable to us! 

I still plan on leaving it long(er).  So it will be cut with scissors, not clippers.  I'm not sure if DH can do that or not.  I know I can.  I guess we'll just have to see how it goes.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We take Ben to a barber, where Bif gets his haircut.  We've been going since he was 9mos old too.  So he's a champ.  BUT - we also believe in the no holds barred approach to some things - haircuts and flying, to be specific.  We do whatever it takes to keep him still and quiet - and that usually involves a portable dvd player and a Curious George video.  We're just about at the point now, that we could go without the DVD player, but for a while there, it was the only way to get him in the chair.
  • For C's first haircut we took him to the place at Walmart.  They were open late and I didn't have to make an appt.  I've cut his hair ever since.  He hates it but Dora and a sucker help a lot!
    image Connor Reeves - July 4, 2007 Naomi Raye - January 26, 2011
  • I suggest going at least somewhere for the first cut to shape it then after that you can kind of keep it up yourself. We went to snipits for our first haircut but after that I have done it at home.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"