High-Risk Pregnancy

Scared and Nervous!

So...I havent had it easy when it comes to being pregnant.  I am now approximately 4w2d.  Well for the first 3 weeks I was drinking pretty heavily.  Partically because I just turned 30 and everyone wanted to celebrate with and partially because I was getting depressed about not getting pregnant.  I swear I thought I was getting AF so I didn't think twice when I went out (almost night) and drank A LOT.  How much harm have I done?

I feel terribly that now that I finally am pregnant, I may have ruined it!  Any advice would be great!  I dont see the doctor until October 4th but he can't do a sonogram yet.  I am so worried!

Re: Scared and Nervous!

• I was taking a prescription medication for migraines when I concieved this time....my doctor told me that very early in pregnancy any alcohol/drug use etc.. usually causes an all or nothing effect.  Meaning you either misscarry because serious harm was caused or there is no effect.  I wouldn't worry...just don't continue to drink:) take good care of yourself!  GL
  • First, calm down, you haven't ruined anything.   They meaure the weeks starting from the first day of your last period, so two of those weeks you hadn't even ovulated yet, and the next week the little one was making its way to the uterus so he (or she) wasn't even sharing your blood.  And there are many, many cases of women drinking heavily before they found out they were pregnant and everything was just fine.  If it still worries you, bring it up with your doctor who will also reassure you that you will be fine.  I would call the nurse on call and speak with her if you can't wait until your appointment.  But don't be worried.  : )

Congratulations!!!

• Loading the player...
  • I never drank heavily, but I did kick down a few before I knew I was pregnant.  I asked the doctor about it and he said that it will not affect the development of the baby that early on.  If you see any signs of bleeding etc then go in right away.  If not, then wait until your appointment and have a h&h pregnancy!  Good Luck!
  • Thank you all so much for the reassurance!  I was really starting to feel like a horrible person!  I have obviously not drank since I found out!  I wasnt a heavy drinker before I couldn't get pregnant. I just let me emotions get the better of me. 

Thank you all again!

• Until the placenta is ready to provide all the nourishment (which is around 9-12 weeks) the corpus leuteum cyst will provide nourishment, so the alcohol you had most likely didn't even reach the baby. I'm sure everything is just fine : )
    Miscarriage/D&E 10w6d 10/3/14 (baby's heart stopped beating)

Ectopic Pregnancy discovered @ 10 weeks 5/6/14 (Lost right tube and ovary)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Miscarriage @ 9 weeks 11/9/08

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"