Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Help!! Fireants in Crib

I don't know how to get rid of all of them. DS woke up screaming and they are everywhere I feel like a horrible mother putting him to bed with fire ants. How do I get rid of them. I need help now!
I will kick cancer's ass Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Dx Breast Cancer 4/2012 Invasive ductal carcinoma triple negative Currently on Taxol, start A & C in August

Re: Help!! Fireants in Crib

• Options
    Holy crap!  You gotta get all the bedding and wash it, then try to find out where they are coming in and spray it like crazy with bug spray or really any kind of aeresol (sp?), even hairspray because they breath through their skin.  I don't know what i'd do for the actual bites except maybe a cool bath with aveno oatmeal to help with the bound to have itching.  I am so so sorry for Wyatt :o(  I have a reoccuring nightmare that involves getting eaten by ants (silly, but it makes me wake up screaming)
  • Options

There were at least 2 dozen ants in the bedding including the dust ruffle. I ended up spraying it with some bug spray and putting them in the wash they are about to go onto cycle two hot water and vinegar for the rinse cycle. I sprayed all the baseboards and windowsills and every corner in the room.

I feel so sick about this whole ordeal. I set the PnP up in my room but he doesn't sleep well in it and after what happened tonight he will probably end up in bed with me for the next couple nights. I wish DH weren't OOT for the next week. I feel so bad about this whole situation.

I will kick cancer's ass Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Dx Breast Cancer 4/2012 Invasive ductal carcinoma triple negative Currently on Taxol, start A & C in August
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Poor baby and poor mama!  I hope you got rid of them.
  • Options

you have totally done the perfect thing.

i am sorry that happened 

• Options
    I'm so late on this but I just wanted to say this happened to me a couple weeks ago. I think it was because of all the rain. I felt so bad for DS. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"