High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Others with MTHFR and Factor V Leiden?

Sorry to flood the board with several posts...but of course on question is posted and another comes to mind.  I think a read at least one other person was diagnosed homozygous MTHFR and heterozygous Factor V Leiden, but I can't remember who.  I would love to know where others with this diagnosis is in their pregnancy, and how things have gone so far.

Re: Others with MTHFR and Factor V Leiden?

• Options
    I have these conditions.  Pregnancy is going great so far, at least from that standpoint.  I am on 60 mg Lovenox twice a day, a baby aspirin, and 4 mg folic acid.  I get growth scans every 4 weeks now and so far, so good.  LO was 1 lb. 10 oz. at 24 weeks.
  • Options
    I had 2 mc prior to diagnosis, and then a successful pg with DD on 40 mg lovenox once daily. I also take folgard, and baby asa when TTC, but stopped once I started the lovenox. I did go into HELLP syndrome which is prob bc of my clotting disorders. I had an early loss after DD, then one due to Trisomy 21 (was on lovenox). This pg so far so good. Am on lovenox 40 mg once daily, and folgard. I suppose this is all in my siggy and I could have just told to read there :) Sorry! HTH!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for sharing - that sounds exactly like what my regimen will be, 60 mg. of lovenox twice a day, and folic acid.  Also, they said extra calcium.  Growth scans every 4 weeks starting at 12 weeks. 

Glad all is going well, also offers me hope.  Thanks again!

• Options

I'm so sorry for your losses, and glad all is going well this time.  And don't be sorry, the more information the better.

You have been through a lot, I'm afraid I woul dbe too chicken to try again if something happened this time....

• Options
    imageginleigh:

Thanks for sharing - that sounds exactly like what my regimen will be, 60 mg. of lovenox twice a day, and folic acid.  Also, they said extra calcium.  Growth scans every 4 weeks starting at 12 weeks. 

Glad all is going well, also offers me hope.  Thanks again!

Good point about the calcium - I am on calcium + vitamin D twice a day, since the Lovenox leaches it from your bones.  I just love getting to swallow 5 pills twice a day plus 2 shots!  I'm still throwing up quite frequently so that would be my one complaint, though the Zofran goes a long way to help with that.

• Options

Also, make sure your doctor checks your Lovenox levels periodically (it's called an anti-Xa test).  I get mine checked monthly.  I used to be on 80 mg once a day but the anti-Xa wasn't high enough so they upped my dose.  My OB works with my peri to decide what dose is appropriate.

Also, my dr. said that when I switch to heparin at 35-36 weeks, I am supposed to stop the baby aspirin then.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"