Blended Families

Good evening from Germany

LOVE Germany.  Not loving our living arrangements.  We found a wonderful house to rent, but it will not be ready until Nov 1st.  The Air Force will only let us stay in their temporary housing no longer than 15 days if there is base housing available.

So we are now living in a Blockhaus.  Which is a family owned set of cabins. They are used for long stay vacations.  Bub because they are vacation cabins, there is no internet, tv or cell phone service.  

And while I DO have my license to drive here in Germany, we only have one car, which DH needs for work.  So my posting is sporadic at best. 

So warm wishes to everyone!  

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg

Re: Good evening from Germany

• My best friend just recently came back from Germany since her husband was stationed there. The first time she had a newborn, and no car, the second time (she came home while he was deployed) she had another newborn and an 18 month old, and only one car (which, like you, her dh had to take everyday)

Will you be getting another car so you will not be stranded at home all day?

Good luck maintaining your sanity until November!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Glad to hear things are well, even if the living arrangements aren't the greatest! Nov 1st will be here before you know it!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Good to hear from you and glad things are (mostly) going well! Hang in there...November will be here before you know it.
  • Great to hear from you.  Glad it's all coming together for you.
  • Guten tag (and that, dear friends, is almost the extent of my German.  lol.)  Morgen, tag, abend, nacht.  Ein, zwei, drei, vier, funf (don't know how to do umlauts in .html though), Sprechen sie Deutsch/Englisch and der Wienerschnitzel.

Glad you made it okay, sorry the housing situation is up in the air and looking forward to more regular conversations and how life in Germany compares.

:)

Photobucket
  • Glad to hear you love Germany!  Hope you get to the house you want soon.

"Ich bin ein Berliner" is the extent of my German. 

Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • Glad to hear that you love Germany! Hopefully you'll just learn to appreciate your future housing that much more after living the rustic life. Or who knows, maybe you'll learn to love the lack of technology. Wink
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"