Oregon Babies
Options

Diaper Services

My MIL wants to pay for a year of diaper service when our son is born. But I need your feedback on the diaper services in beaverton. Is it worth the money or should I just wash the cloth diapers myself?  Thanks for your help.

Re: Diaper Services

• Options

We've thought about using Tidee Didee service, but since baby will be in daycare, I don't know how handy they'll be.. A coworker said using Tidee Didee with his first was SUPER convenient, but now they use Fuzzibuns with their 2nd and don't mind doing all of the laundry themselves.

That being said, if MIL is going to pay for it.. Personally, I'd let her and then take the money that I'd be spending on diapers or a service, on baby's college fund :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Just my two cents....Ask MIL to give you the money for the service to spend on cloth diapers or point her toward Jilliansdrawers.com to buy you into the trial kit. I started out with Tidee Didee and found that the chemicals used to keep the diapers sparkling white caused a severe diaper rash on my newborn...of course, diaper rash happens and would probably have occurred regardless.

I now wash diapers. It is one of those things I said I would never "waste my time doing", but it really is very easy and quick. My washer has a setting for sanitizing loads so I run that...it takes almost 3 hours to do its thing and then I dry them and they are all set.

Either way you go, you will have to change diapers which is the time consumptive part. The bin of smelly diapers is still in your house and someone still has to carry the smell lot to the washer or front door for pickup. It really is about even in my mind.

I do enjoy the colorful diaper covers too!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I know lots of people who use Tiddee Diddee and love it, but washing is really not a big deal. The people I know who love the service have never washed their own and don't realize how easy it is. Definitely not worth the money, IMO, especially since you have to hang onto dirty diapers for a week. yuck. Plus, if you do your own, you aren't limited to prefolds and their cleaning products.

A year of TD would be about $1000. I suggest you thank your MIL and suggest instead that she gets you a kissaluv diaper rental (LOVED) and 5 diaper covers for the tiny newborn stage, and 24 bum genius one-size all-in-ones, a couple of hemp doublers, and a pail liner. It will cost significantly less and will take care of all your LO's diapers, not just the first year.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"