High-Risk Pregnancy

GD girls that had to meet with Peri & get U/S

what was it like?

I am meeting with the Peri 1st time this week after my U/S. 

Also, how did this U/S after you were diagnosed differ from your 2nd U/S you had in 2nd trimester?

Just curious to know what to expect.  Thanks!

God Bless our sweet baby James. Our son, born 11/22/09. Unplanned, Emergency C-section image
"Wearing his BING CROSBY clothes and crooning...buuuh buuh buuuh" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: GD girls that had to meet with Peri & get U/S

• It is much like the "big" ultrasound. The only difference is that the baby is much bigger and the features are a bit harder to see. 
  • My regular doctor orderd an u/s and it was really fast, 5 minutes. She just did the abdominal circumfrence. She couldn't get a good read of it either because of the baby's position. After learning more and my regular OB practice being unable to answer many of my questions I requested a referral to a peri. They will also do an ultrasound there abdomen circumf and weight estimate.
  • Loading the player...
  • I love my Peri. I see him every week now until the baby is born and they are doing LOTS of sonos too.  Their equipment is much better than my reg OB in which you can see her more clearly.  I had a sono last week to measure her weight and size because of my diabetes.  They measured the baby's head and belly circumference, femur, heart, brain and fluid around her to to get an idea of her size.  I've been gong to him since I was 14 weeks, but I also still see my reg OB too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"