Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

Not so happy with this company

I've been looking forward to Dimples Cupcakes opening in Willow Bend for a while now. When Liz and I started planning our MNO fundraiser I contacted them to see if they would donate a door prize and maybe some goody bag stuffers. Obviously, it would benefit us, but it would also be a great way for them to get their info out there to a set of consumers in their target market.

The man I have dealt with from the beginning started out telling me it "shouldn't be problem!" and that he just had to confirm some stuff. I sent him the info over a month ago, have followed up various times only to get the "I've been busy, still need to check" line from him. And each time he got increasingly more rude on the phone to me. Finally, I called today to see if he could finally confirm everything for this weekend and he was terribly rude. He went on and on about how they give so much and are so busy and acted as if he hadn't even really considered our proposal at all.

Listen, I'm not mad about being told no. That's understandable. What I am mad about was his attitude and that he wasted my time.

Don't think I'll be lining up for any of their cupcakes any time soon. Oh well.

/vent 

Re: Not so happy with this company

• that sucks!  Rude people are my biggest pet peeve :o(

• that sucks.  I hope people read this and don't go there... I like to support businesses that have good customer service and support good causes
  • Loading the player...
  • I ran into the same issue when trying to set up a fundraiser with Charming Charlie's. Rude people suck. No worries we don't need their stinkin cupcakes!
    DD#1 is such a big girl! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I'd be upset too, and you're right, it's not about the fact that he is now saying he can't do the donation, but more about the fact that he should have not lead you on to believe they would be donating this whole time, then continue to dodge your calls and in the end, just treating you very rudely/poorly and basically wasting your time from day one. I have dealt with mass requests for donations over the years and know that you can't always give something and participate in every single donation request even if you want too because it can just be too much over the course of a year, but *if* that was the case then he should have been professional and mature enough to just tell you the truth from the beginning instead of leading you on. Totally and completely unprofessional no doubt about it!
  • imagechar-char:
    I'd be upset too, and you're right, it's not about the fact that he is now saying he can't do the donation, but more about the fact that he should have not lead you on to believe they would be donating this whole time, then continue to dodge your calls and in the end, just treating you very rudely/poorly and basically wasting your time from day one. I have dealt with mass requests for donations over the years and know that you can't always give something even if you want too because it can just be too much, but *if* that was the case then he should have been professional and mature enough to just tell you the truth from the beginning instead of leading you on. Totally and completely unprofessional no doubt about it!

Exactly, Char. I don't get my feelings hurt when people tell me no. I realize that not everyone can give to everything. That's life, that's business. Just don't waste my time. Ugh.

On a happier note, just sent out a frantic last minute email to this lady after discovering her info at Boomerangs (a flier laying around) not too long ago.

https://www.cupcakesbykara.com

She got back to me super fast and offered donations!  She won a Food Network contest with her Maple French Toast and Bacon cupcake recipe. Yay! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"