D.C. Area Babies
Options

DD #1 went to ER yesterday for the second time this month.

She's totally OK, but she's been to the ER twice in the past few weeks.  I feel like they're going to call CPS soon. 

First time was a cut on her head after falling into grandma's metal cocktail table.  She just got it "glued" and taped and they said it shouldn't scar.

Yesterday DH closed the truck door on her hand (!!!!!!!) and amazingly she's fine and nothing's broken. 

She went to the ER as a baby one time when she was sick and totally dehydrated. 

She is one tough kid, that's for sure.

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.

Re: DD #1 went to ER yesterday for the second time this month.

• Options
    Aw..poor baby. I can imagine how much that hurt. Glad she's ok and  no broken bones!!!!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm glad she's OK.  I once had the car door close on my hand as a kid, painful but nothing broken.  I was traumatized for a while.  It's a good thing children are so resilient. I'm rather klutzy. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow, your poor little girl (and poor mommy!)  I'm glad she's ok, but I'm sure that was slightly traumatic for you guys. 
    BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!
  • Options
    I'm glad to hear she's okay, just reading this post gave me chills when thinking about the pain she must have felt.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • Options
    oh my! Poor DH too- I bet he felt awful. Glad to hear everything is okay. Your LO is a tough little cookie.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry! I can't even imagine how hard that would be on you. She'll certainly have good stories to tell when she's older and she can hold that one over your DH's head when she's 16 and wants to borrow the car. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Poor thing!! Glad she's okay. Both DH and I are extremely klutzy/accident prone, and we constantly have bruises and scrapes. I think people have considered calling a domestic violence hotline on us before. I'm just waiting for us to get the CPS visit if DS ends up half as clumsy as we are!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageemack:
    I'm so sorry! I can't even imagine how hard that would be on you. She'll certainly have good stories to tell when she's older and she can hold that one over your DH's head when she's 16 and wants to borrow the car. :)

true! my uncle accidentally broke my arm when i was little and i never let him forget it Wink

i bet your dh feels much worse about it today then she does.  tough girl!

The DC Nest. Winers welcome.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    so glad she's OK! it was probaby harder on you than her
  • Options

imageemack:

Ha ha!

My parents were very quick to remind me that I closed the car door on my dad's hand one time and it severely cut his finger.  He played it off like it wasn't that bad because I was getting out of the car to go to my first communion ceremony.  I didn't even notice that only my mom was in the church that day to watch while dad went to the ER!!!!!

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Options
    Poor thing! I'm glad to hear she's ok. I had to call poison cotrol 3 times in the 6 months after DS was born, I was certain they'd be calling CPS but we haven''t had any social workers knocking on our door just yet!
    Married 7.9.05
    DD1 9.24.06
    DS 7.1.08
    twins due 9.7.11 lost twin A at
    DD2 4.7.12
  • Options

My friend has 3 kids and she is convinced she paid for the new wing on the hospital.  I thought we were going to have to go Friday night when I couldn't find a piece to a play earring Maggie had on, but luckily I found it in her high chair and the earrings went in the trash.

Glad she is Ok though, I would be so scared too.

• Options
    Aw, poor girl.  My little sister went to the ER so many times when she was a little one.  Before the time she was 3 she had had several rounds of stiches, a dislocated shoulder and had been in two car accidents!  I was so sure the cops were going to show up and take her away! 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Glad she's okay.  CPS hasn't called us - and we went 3x in 2 months (2 were allergic rx though).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"