Babies: 0 - 3 Months

6-8 weeks = "2 week storm"?

I read that between 6-8 weeks most babies have a rough period where they are gassy and uncomfortable, spitting up and not sleeping well.  My LO must be going through this b/c he usually sleeps 5-6 hours for his long stretch and then 3-4 after that during the night and rarely cries.  Sure, he fusses sometimes but almost never gets to the point of crying.  For the past few days he has been grunting all night, crying, doesn't sleep well, spits up more than usual, and is not his usual happy self.  He even screamed really loudly twice one day like I'd seriously injured him...but I was just setting him down in his carrier.  I was so embarrassed since we were in public and people were staring at us like I was a bad mom.  :(  Poor guy. 

I read that you just have to tough it out and make baby as comfy as possible during this time.  We are giving Little Tummy's gas medicine and gripe water sometimes, and I'm pulling LO to sleep with me a lot since he usually sleeps next to my bed in his co-sleeper.  That seems to comfort him, but I don't sleep since he grunts all night.   

Please tell me someone else's LO went or is currently going through this tough stage that's out of the ordinary...

Re: 6-8 weeks = "2 week storm"?

• We went through this, extreme fussiness from gas, at about 5-7 weeks.  I was SO glad when it was over.  He slept better, DH and I slept better, and everyone in the house was happy again.
  • I am so glad I'm not alone. LO is six weeks and has been doing the EXACT same thing over the last few days.
  • Loading the player...
  • wow im glad to hear its not just me.  around 5 weeks she started with the gas thing and now she goes into her cradle at night but she seems restless.  She isn't hungry and doesn't cry but she isn't sleeping soundly.  Keeps me up all night worrying why she won't just go to sleep...I pick her up and hold her and she goes right back to sleep for a half hour and then wakes up again.  Then during the day she has times of fussiness. 
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • I've never heard of this (where did you read about it?), but I'm fascinated. DD was just 8 weeks this past wednesday, and for about the past two weeks she's been just screaming with gas pain. We've been giving her mylicon with every feedng. For the past couple of nights, I thought she seemed better. I really hope it was just a phase!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Apparently the doll needed a time out... image
  • we're in the middle of this too. We use gripe water sometimes, and I sleep with DS on my chest all night in the lazyboy. His grunting eventually fades away as I'm too tired to pay attention.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LO is going through this now too.  She's 6 weeks 2 days.  She's been grunting all the time and seems to be in pain from all the gas.  We've been giving mylicon, but it doesn't seem to help her all that much.  I'm sorry your LOs are going through this too, but glad to know we're not alone.
    TTC #1 since 6/08. Cycle #6 - BFP 12/22/08, EDD 9/3/09, DD 8/14/09 at 37w1d
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2 since 6/11
    me=36 - low AMH, DH=38
    BFP #2 - 8/31/11, EDD 5/10/12, M/C 9/23/11
    BFP #3 - 3/4/12, EDD 11/14/12, CP 3/11/12
    BFP #4 - 5/9/12, EDD 1/19/13, CP 5/11/12
    BFP #5 - 8/22/12, EDD 5/5/13, CP 8/24/12
    IVF#1 - January 2013 - EPP/Antagonist - 7R, 3M, 2F, 3dt of 2 8-cell embies
    BFP #6 - 2/3/13, EDD 10/15/13, DS 9/18/13 at 36w1d
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ME!

my gosh - i am so worried bc she is not her happy self- i just got off the phone with the oncall doc bc we switched her formula and it seems to have made her constipated- she was soooo fussy with what i thought was gas but doc said it was acid reflux and now i am wondering whether or not it was that or just this "storm" thing...

i am so glad to hear its not just us going thru this- bc i am about to lose my mind- one more week i can handle if i know there is an end in sight

• I have never heard of this...but can attest that it could be true. I was borderline in tears most nights the last 2-3 weeks because my LO would cry, cry,cry starting around 5:30 pm until he went to sleep. The pedi called it colic, but he seems to be over it for the most part. I think you just keep doing what you're doing, and baby will grow out of it! Good Luck...it seems like it lasts forever when it's happening.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageDarcyLongfellow:
    I've never heard of this (where did you read about it?), but I'm fascinated. DD was just 8 weeks this past wednesday, and for about the past two weeks she's been just screaming with gas pain. We've been giving her mylicon with every feedng. For the past couple of nights, I thought she seemed better. I really hope it was just a phase!!

I read it in 12 hours sleep by 12 weeks old and on Kelly Mom.  If you google the keywords you'll find stuff about it.  :)  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"