Pennsylvania Babies
Options

Funny story - Adam mourning the loss of his couch

We had to get a new couch because our darling cats sprayed urine all over the other one. So on Monday night, we carried the urine-stink couch to the curb for trash pickup. We thought Adam would enjoy having a bigger living room to play in while we waited for the new couch to be delivered, but no. He was focused on the couch. He ran to it at the curb, wailing "my chair! My chair!" So we let him jump and flop around on the couch while it sat at the curb until it was dark and we took him in to bed.

Tuesday the new couch came, but he wouldn't get on it. Didn't say anything, but avoided it. When the trash truck came for the old one, he was looking out the window. I thought, OK, he loves trucks, this should be fun. No, he was more focused on the couch going on the truck, again wailing, "my chair, my chair!"

This morning I took him downstairs and he climbed up on the couch and said, "my chair." I replied, "yes, that's your new chair, it's a couch." To which he said, "My chair. My chair. Bye-Bye. Trash."

Guess he's still bitter.

Re: Funny story - Adam mourning the loss of his couch

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"