Oregon Babies
Options

Childbirth Classes

Have you decided on a childbirth class yet?  I am trying to decide.  I went to a hypnobirthing class w/ a friend and thought it was great but wondering if I should try something different?

Anyone have any experience with Birthing from Within, Bradley Method or the Mothertree classes? 

Re: Childbirth Classes

• Options
    I've decided I'll just do the class they offer at my OB's office.  And I'm going to read the bradley book that a friend of mine loaned me.  I'm also going to take (and make hubby take with me of course) a breastfeeding and a newborn care class that Providence offers.  Luckily, my health insurance will reimburse us up to $250 per year for any classes we take :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If your planning on trying to have a natural birth I would go ahead and take the Bradley Classes.  Every Mom I've known that took the classes had a natural birth and had a wonderful birthing experiance.  Also a great book is Adventures of Birthing Naturally
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I definitely recommend Bradley birth classes.  We took them with DS and will take some sort of refresher for this pregnancy.  It taught DH so much and got him very involved in the whole process.
  • Options

I really enjoyed Birthing from Within, but we were exposed to several methods and coping tools too. I think you can never have enough information because you just wont know what is going to work for you in that really tough moment.

Definitely, do not forget about newborn care...I did not really consider much about the newborn care since I had been a nanny for babies for years. I still wish I had attending a few breastfeeding classes to prepare me for the first few weeks of pain and frustration. GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"