3rd Trimester

How many diapers are you stocked with?

We have one 84-pk of newborn Swaddlers, and one 216-pk of size 1 Swaddlers.

DH and I are going to BRU today to get a couple of last-minute things, and I figured we'd get more diapers so we're stocked up. I was going to get one more box of each mentioned above, but now I'm thinking those newborn ones might be too little after a week or so, and I really don't want them to go to waste. 

Should probably stick with size ones, yes? (I know it'll depend on how big the baby is, too ...)

How many of each size do you have to start? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How many diapers are you stocked with?

• we have the same # as you do already.  i am holding off on buying anymore for right now.  bj's is like 2 miles from our house, so it will be easy to get more once little one comes, and dont want newborns to go to waste if babe is on the bigger side...
    DS1 10/5/09 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • This is my first, but I would get another box of NB diapers. Keep the receipt and if you don't end up using them you can always exchange them for a larger size.

Proud Mama to Mickey (12.03.09) and Nemo (06.06.13)

• Loading the player...
  • None.  We just keep adding money to a Target gift card since we don't know how big the baby will be.  We will probably buy a small package of newborn swaddlers when it gets closer, but we don't want to stock up not knowing what size this baby will be.  Our other two were small, but DD was almost 7lbs a month early.  Full term she would have been closer to 9lbs.
  • I would probably hold off on getting anymore newborn diapers and go for size 1.  I only had one box of newborns and didn't need anymore.  At 8 weeks she is still wearing size 1. 
  • 252 of the Swaddlers(3 pks of the 84), one box of 48 ct Parents choice,a 12 pk of Gerber cloth diapers, and 120 of the 3-6 month White Cloud sz diapers. We also have 300 wipes, and a pk of 24 travel wipes. My friend told me make sure to get more diapers in varying sizes than anything else for the baby.

• My son with in NB for a month or perhaps a little longer. A run to the drug store for diapers isn't hard to do. Trust me you will likely find yourself or your husband at Target for things the first week anyway. Pampers may not fit your baby and you may like another diaper better. We used Pampers for the first almost two years. Huggies leaked like crazy. The thing is babies are different. You have plenty of diapers to get you through until you can get to a store. Just my .02.
  • If you do want to stock up I would go with getting a box of size 2... 

AVERAGE baby goes through 6-8 diapers a day... with the 216 box of size 1- that's almost a months worth of diapers... and if they are like huggies in terms of suggested weight/fit, size 1 is 8-12 pounds, so that's pretty much the first month or so...

and 84-pack would be about 10 days worth (of course, if you have the AVERAGE baby) and again if they are like huggies NB size is 6-10 pounds so there is some overlap on the sizing  

• you need to buy lots of size one's!!!
  • It just depends I had a 6 lb baby and she was in newborn for a little while.   I'd buy size 1 but you have enough diapers for the first month so try not to worry too much.  This time I have about 120 disposables (after the umbilical falls off switching to cloth)  My first child had a horrible time with disposables.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • We received two huge boxes of level 1 diapers from Costco from my mother. The diapers say they hold up to a baby of 15lbs, so I figure we have time to use them. Otherwise we have one pack of a size 2 and then some diapers called, "G-Diapers" in a medium size. I figure we'll have time to get other sizes, if needed. And if we still have the newborn ones? We'll donate them to a shelter or see if a relative needs them (we have lots of babies coming).
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have a few couple of boxes of sz 4 hahaha!! Those are for the twins. I haven't bought any for the new baby yet...

I will prob buy a medium pack of nb pampers... then go on to ones. I will stock up on mostly 2's and 3s.

Kristi | mom of twins & singleton | lover of JUNK | K.Stone Photography | Only Prettier Boutique
  • A friend of mine who did some comparison shopping told me that AMAZON.COM sells diapers!!!  with free shipping!!!  Apparently, they're cheaper per diaper than both BJs and Costco.. and what's best is that they come directly to your house and you don't have to make that trip to the store...

I just looked up size 1s Swaddlers and they were $41.99 for 244 diapers. Sounds like a good price to me!  Is it?

• We had 2 jumbo packs of NB (about 80 diapers total) and then around 700 size 1's, and a lot of size 2's as well.

We ended up going through 5 jumbo packs of NB but I would not buy them ahead of time b/c you do not know how big the baby will be. Just have DH run to the drugstore after the baby comes and get more.

• 33 newborn sized cloth and 4 multisized cloth. Wink
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagetommigirle:

Wow.  That's quite a stash!

I'm trying to get by with as few as possible until LO is big enough for the one size dipes

Let me think...  I have:

6 KL0s
    6 prefolds (not sure about these, so just doing a few)
    5 Thirsties Fab Fitteds XS
    4 Nana Bottoms AIOs NB
    2 Wahmykidz AIOs NB
    3 Thirsties covers XS
    2 Prorap covers NB
    1 Imse Vinse cover NB

We also have a small pack of newborn sposies for the first few meconium days and for just in case our stash isn't big enough

After newborn we plan to do one size dipes, probably mostly fuzzi bunz.  I did buy a bunch of Rocky Mountain diapers last night - Kelly's closet is discontinuing them so they're on sale. They've always looked interesting to me :)

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have an ENORMOUS amount of diapers. We stocked up during tax-free weekend. We bought ten of the value-sized boxes at BRU and then we've gotten more diapers at our showers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have one package of 45 something NB diapers. I have probably 400ish size 1 and 400ish size 2. I've been looking for great diaper deals that pop up. The brands range from Parents Choice, Costco, Babies R Us brand, Huggies, & Pampers swaddlers. If they are a good deal or I have a coupon I stock up so I wont have to leave the house when LO gets here. Also I have like 1000 something wipes, Im ready
    pregnancy due date Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imagebridgeybride:

A friend of mine who did some comparison shopping told me that AMAZON.COM sells diapers!!!  with free shipping!!!  Apparently, they're cheaper per diaper than both BJs and Costco.. and what's best is that they come directly to your house and you don't have to make that trip to the store...

I just looked up size 1s Swaddlers and they were $41.99 for 244 diapers. Sounds like a good price to me!  Is it?

They do!! That's what we're planning to use. They also have a "subscribe and save" program for certain brands. You sign up to receive deliveries at regular intervals (you can decide - one month, every week, etc.) and you save an additional 15%. We're using an eco-friendly brand, Nature Babycare, and this program makes them a pretty good value! They'll be about $37.99 for a pack of 176. Definitely the best price for this brand that I've found.

"For a long time there were only your footprints & laughter in our dreams & even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have been buying diapers since the first trimester. So, we have boxes of newborns, stage 1, and stage 2. I think you can never have enough diapers, no matter what size. We figured you can always take them back to get different sizes.
  • imageJulieandBen:
    My son with in NB for a month or perhaps a little longer. A run to the drug store for diapers isn't hard to do. Trust me you will likely find yourself or your husband at Target for things the first week anyway. Pampers may not fit your baby and you may like another diaper better. We used Pampers for the first almost two years. Huggies leaked like crazy. The thing is babies are different. You have plenty of diapers to get you through until you can get to a store. Just my .02.

I agree with this and think you should just wait to buy more. You are good for now and you just don't know what will work with your LO. DS never fit into NB diapers, he was always in size 1. Huggies were terrible on him but Pampers were great. You just never know what is going to work and you'll probably be running out to get a few things anyways.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I was told they go through about 10 diapers a day so I was worried my 84 box of newborn would not be enough since that only get me through about 8 days, so I got one more weeks worth of newborn diapers just in case. Then I have a bunch of size 1 and 2 diapers from my shower.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• imageilenegrace:
    I was told they go through about 10 diapers a day so I was worried my 84 box of newborn would not be enough since that only get me through about 8 days, so I got one more weeks worth of newborn diapers just in case. Then I have a bunch of size 1 and 2 diapers from my shower.

This was more my experience with DS, he went through 10-12 diapers a day for the first month or so. He was a 5 pounder so he was in NB diapers for 2-3 months, even at 16 months he's in a size 3. We have 3 packs of Swaddlers NBs (78 ct.) and one pack of Size 1 (78 ct).

• Way too many. Had to start storing them in the laundry room.
    image  image image

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"