Special Needs

xp: If you've got a prayer, we could use it

DD is currently being worked up for an adrenal insufficiency and we could sure use some prayers for tomorrow...we're meeting with the endocrinologist for the first time.

What I know is that her body doesnt make enough cortisol, which calms you down when you are stressed or injured, so we have to make sure that we go right to the ER if she gets a fever, stops eating or becomes lethargic. If any of those things happen and we dont get to the ER in time we risk her going into shock or suffering a cardiac arrest. Depending on the degree of this, it could mean replacement hormones for the rest of her life and frequent hospitalizations. We'll have to carry with us a steriod dose of cortison to give her at all times just incase she does get sick or overly stressed out (its a shot) .

All in all, this has been the hardest thing for us to deal with. When the Dr. mentioned this could be fatal, I nearly died...its like waiting for someone to drop a bomb on your life.

SOO if you pray or even if you dont we REALLY could use your prayers tonight.

TIA

Re: xp: If you've got a prayer, we could use it

• Sending prayers your way. I hope things go well at the doctors tomorrow. Hang in there. [[[HUGS]]]]
  • Good luck!  I hope everything goes very well at the doctors, and that they will be able to help out your LO.  I will be sending you T&P.  Hugs!!
    imageimageimageimageimage 9/07 m/c baby boy @ 18wks, 4/09 m/c @ 4.5wks
  • Loading the player...
  • You and your family are in my thoughts and I hope everything comes out ok
    My Book BlogImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicA Lucy, a lost tube, two lost babies, and another on the way! image
  • If you keep on top of her hydrocortisone daily, she should be okay.  My son has been treated for adrenyl insufficiency since last summer when he had a brain tumor removed -- it was growing on and damaged his hypothalamus which is what rendered him adrenyl suppressed.  Anyway, my son is also on chemo and regularly gets fevers, vomits, and hurts himself sometimes like all curious toddlers do, and we've never had a problem with him.  We do have to give a "loading" dose when he gets a fever or vomits, but that's all you do.  It's really no biggie -- just sounds scary at first!  Hugs and prayers!

• You are in my prayers!  I hope you have a great appointment!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Your lil girl and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.  Keep us up to date.

Remember these little people are stronger than we can imagine.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"