Philadelphia Babies
Options

Bryn Mawr Hospital Maternity Classes

I'm looking for feedback on the maternity classes offered at Bryn Mawr or Paoli Hospital. I just signed up for the Prepared Childbirth Series. Are there any other classes worth taking? Looking into the Happiest Baby class and the Prenatal Breastfeeding class as well.

Re: Bryn Mawr Hospital Maternity Classes

• Options

Dh and I did the one day class at Bryn Mawr. I thought it was informative, DH was bored to tears. I definatley suggest just doing the one day class and getting it over with.

I took the hospital's BFing class after I had the baby (they offer classes nightly in the hospital after you deliver).

Be sure to take the childbirth class at the hospital you are going to deliver at since the class will include a tour of the L&D floor.

GL!

imageimage
    Zachary Ryan - 1/13/08 - 6lbs 15oz, 20.5 inches
    Lilia Rose - 5/11/10 - 8lbs 6oz, 21 inches
    imageimage
  • Options
    Im signed up for the childbirth class at Bryn Mawr in October and the breastfeeding class but I havent went yet! I really wasnt sure what to do either, but many people felt like the basic childbirth class was worth it just to prepare you and your partner for what to expect and what options you'll be given etc so it seemed worthwhile. Sorry I have no good advice for you though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

we did the classes at Paoli...3 nights for 2.5 hours each...it was horrible...

the instructor was supposedly well versed in these classes but recently came over from another hospital that closed their maternity ward.  she was unfamiliar with the curriculm, technologically challenged and hard to understand.  it was death by powerpoint

i would recommend just getting it over with in one day

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

MC#1 - BFP early June, 2011 - first u/s showed pregnancy as non-viable - D&C 6/21/2011
    MC#2 - BFP early Nov, 2011 - first u/s showed cyst on umbilical cord at 8w2d and no heartbeat - D&C 11/22/2011 
    MC#3 - BFP April 30, 2012 - miscarriage naturally 5/2/2012 @8wk
    MC#4 - BFP Sep 2012 - u/s good at 8wks, 11 wks - no h/b and measuring 8w1d - diagnosed as Turner Syndrome
    IVF Round 1 - Retrieved 20 eggs, 8 confirmed blasts as chromosomally normal and one xfrd 9/25/2013 BFP on 10/9. EDD 6/13/2014
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    we did the three nights- wasn't bad at all. i also did the BFing class at BM. was helpful- but nothing trains you like the real thing. the LC teaching the class was awesome though
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

We did the BF and Prepared Childbirth at Bryn Mawr. I recommend both.  The BF was great for me and the PC was great for my H. The BF one is only 2 hours. We did the one day, 8 hour PC one.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"