TTC after 35
Options

My funniest IUI ever

I did IUI three times in the past - all BFN.  This time we went to a different clinic.  They actually make you carry the sperm around from the check-in to the lab on a different floor and then to where they do the IUI.  I sat in the waiting room wtih about 20 other women and I had to hold my vial upright.  Talk about weird looks from people!!!  It was hysterical.  I guess they're worried about a mix-up or something but really, holding the sperm?  LOL!!!

The good news so far is that while DH's past samples were in the 2 million- 4 million range, today's sample was a whopping 16.5 million with 40% motility - and that was before the washing!  It ended up being 21 million and 85% motility.  We've never come close to anything like that before. 

So even though I'm still bummed the IVF was cancelled and converted to IUI, I'm trying to stay a little positive.  The doctor was so nice when I mentioned how much I had to spend on the drugs OOP for the cancelled IVF so she gave me free samples for the progesterone I have to take during the 2ww.  Yea!!!

Oh- as for the change in DH's numbers- I think the change is because he quit the gym a few months ago - I think not going to the sauna (which he did every other day at the gym) clearly made a difference in his sperm numbers.  Ladies, keep your dh's out of the steam room!!!!!

Now I just have the 2ww to see if Operation Hail Mary worked!  My doctor's last words to me were:  go have lots of sex for the next few days to keep the sperm numbers up.  Think DH will like those doctor's orders?  LOL.

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: My funniest IUI ever

• Options

Jill, I am giving your post a five star rating

for highlighting the funny side of a ART procedure and for seeing the bright side of things.

Lots of sticky baby dust coming your way!

• Options

I'm so bumbed! They were supposed to be stars!

Perhaps they are planets?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's the thought that counts!! I appreciate the planets. :)
    3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again

• Options

this whole post is hysterical!  you had to carry the sperm? thats a new one.

and yay for dh's improved numbers. that is so awesome!! woot woot!  i agree the gym/sauna combo does a number on dh swimmers.  i think thats why we had improved numbers as well. dh had been working out every day for at least an hour. since summer started he hasnt gone at all. which is good for us because our numbers went up

good luck on this Hail Mary IUI!! go swimmers go,, get that target. and sorry for the cancelled IVF, glad they were willing to let you convert to IUI, 

have fun having lots of sex this weekend. if you dont post this weekend we'll know why Wink

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Ditto Joy's five star rating comment!!! 

I hope you arent still on here reading posts.  Dont you have some business to be taking care of????

• Options
    That's pretty amusing you had to go around carrying your DHs sperm--and congrats on the improved numbers!  I hope this is it for you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • Options

I am hoping you won't need that IVF- good luck to you!

What clinic are you at?

• Options

That is great that the numbers were so much better.  Good luck!!  I hope Operation Hail Mary is a success.

Not sure if you saw my post a few weeks ago, but we also had to transport the sperm from one building to another.  Thankfully, they put it in a box for me so I could be discreet!!

• Options

I am with Joy on the 5 stars!! And I give you props for carrying the boys around...I think that is hysterical!!!

Hopefully these boys will do the trick!!

GL!

• Options
    That is funny.  Great news about DH's numbers!
  • Options
    imagecheekyali:

What clinic are you at?

We went to Weill-Cornell in NY. 

The "boys" and I had a little chat about not giving up and swimming their hearts out.  Hopefully, they'll listen. 

And I'm still here because dh isn't home yet from work!  C'mon- it's a friday!!  Get home already!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"