D.C. Area Babies
Options

Daycare Germantown/Gaithersburg/Rockville/Chevy Chase

Good Morning my fellow bumpees,

I?m new to this board and trying to figure out when is the best time to start looking for daycare.  I?m 15 weeks and due 3/13/10.  Everyone is telling me that I should do it now and not wait till the baby is born.  Yikes!  Tongue Tied

So with that said, looking for any suggestions in the Germantown/Gaithersburg/Rockville/Chevy Chase areas.  

Thanks a million!

Angela

Re: Daycare Germantown/Gaithersburg/Rockville/Chevy Chase

• Options

Yep, start looking now.  You're not likely to get too many suggestions of specific centers on the board because we're all pretty spread out and because daycare is such a personal decision (and because many people are reluctant to post the location where their child spends the day).  However, you'll get some good advice on how to look.  Here's a post with some good advice:

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/22896812.aspx

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Yup- start now!!

Montrose Christian is in Rockville and has a great day care center. Highly, highly recommend them.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

For centers, it is a good idea to look around now. Most in-home providers will not know if they have an opening until 8-10 weeks out.

I'd recommend using the online or phone service LOCATE which will give you a list of licensed providers in MoCo (you do the legwork to find the match, but a helpful resource). You can cross-reference with MD's compliance reports.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Back before Maggie I got on the KinderCares (there are a few in the area), ChildTime and LaPetite Academy lists in Gaithersburg.  I was about 20w when I did this and I didn't get into any but it all depends on when kids grad out of the infant and if you are ready to start when there are openings.  Get on the wait lists but don't pay anything - we paid at La Petite and I still haven't gotten a call that there would be an opening 2 years later.  Call again after you have the baby and have a set date for needing daycare. 

My current daycare is an in-home but it is out in Olney, MD so I doubt that would be convenient for you, but they may have opening right around then since Molly will be turning 1 April 15th and the other current below 2yo turns 2 right around then.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"