LGBT Parenting

Just told work :-)

My boss called the department into his office for a quick meeting so since everyone was together in one spot I decided to tell them. Everyone was really excited and happy for me.  I said "K and I are expecting" so I think it took a few of them a minute or so to try to figure out who was carrying. 

I've already had questions about the donor and advice on flying.  It feels good to have it out there but still very un-real. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Just told work :-)

• Yay! 

I ended up telling just my direct boss this week.  I feel so much better having her know and not worrying that she's thinking I'm becomming a grumpy slacker - she has two kids of her own, so is very understanding about the symptoms!  I'm waiting to let others know for another month, but it felt good to tell her, and she's really excited :-)

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageMrs._F:

Yay! 

I ended up telling just my direct boss this week.  I feel so much better having her know and not worrying that she's thinking I'm becomming a grumpy slacker - she has two kids of her own, so is very understanding about the symptoms!  I'm waiting to let others know for another month, but it felt good to tell her, and she's really excited :-)

I'm glad you got a great response from your boss!

• Loading the player...
  • I'm so glad it went well for you, J! Did they catch on to your due date and its proximity to your big event..LoL
  • imageabba916:
    I'm so glad it went well for you, J! Did they catch on to your due date and its proximity to your big event..LoL

Yes! And I could see my boss' mind going to work in an attempt to figure out how that was going to play out.  And someone jokingly suggested I bring the baby in a sling.  Yup, I think Feb and Mar are going to be panic months for the boss.

• Yay!  I'm happy it went so well! 
    My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
    IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"