2nd Trimester

Anyone taken Omnicef during pregnancy?

So I was doing some research and it is a class b pregnancy drug and am totally freaked out now. Should I quit taking it and call my OB just to make sure its safe? It has been tested on rats but not humans!

Re: Anyone taken Omnicef during pregnancy?

• I was just on it for 7 days. I had a cyst on my tailbone... OUCH! and had to have it drained so needed to be on a quick run of antibiotics. I took probiotics with it and am going to continue to take them for the remainder of my pregnancy. It should be fine. The doc that prescribed it to me checked with an OB to make sure they were ok. If you are really concerned, give your doc a holler. Never hurts. But as long as you aren't on them for long term, I think you'll be fine. 
  • You can always get on webmd and find out. but i think that they want you to stay away from like the class c-f but the class a-b are the good ones but dont hold me! you ask your local pharmacy or call your ob tomorrow and make sure
  • Loading the player...
  • My VERY conservative maternal fetal medicine doctor put me on it with my last pregnancy. ?I would feel safe taking it.
  • imageprlmrg08:
    So I was doing some research and it is a class b pregnancy drug and am totally freaked out now. Should I quit taking it and call my OB just to make sure its safe? It has been tested on rats but not humans!

Regular Tylenol is Class B...so relax! BTW- You DEFINITELY do not want to just stop taking antibiotics without consulting your physician UNLESS you are having a severe reaction ( the pamphlet from the pharmacy lists those that you should watch out for).

Feel better! :) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"