Northern California Babies
Options

NBR: How long have you known your longest friend?

I was on FB chatting with my friend and I realized I have 2 friends that I have known for 30 years.  One is my best friend and we have been though a lot together and the other was my best friend growing up and we have reconnected after having a touch and go friendship all these years.  It is so awesome to think I've known these ladies so long!  

imageimage
107 Read/listened to in 2011: 91 Books/16 Audiobooks
Read 2012: 33/50

Re: NBR: How long have you known your longest friend?

• Options

Of my friends that I continuously talk to, I'd say about 20 years.  I also have a friend I re-connected with once we moved back to Sacramento and I've known her since about 7th grade (so that would be about 26--27 years had we stayed in contact the whole time).

Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options

My oldest friend i've known for 23 years. We aren't as close as we used to be (best friend in grade school) but we still talk a few times a year.

I've known Carlos now for 16 years. and even though he gets on my last nerve, he is one of the few non-family people i can count on to always  be there for me.

Greyson Ray ~ July 31 2006 | WinterRose Elizabeth ~ April 28th 2010 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    The Blog | BirthbyKellyM
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I've known my best friend for about 12 years. 

• Options

Longest friend...24 years...next longest 23 years, I keep in touch with both, both were at my wedding...I talk to them each about once a month which is pretty good since they live in different states now (one is in OR and the other is in AZ)

...closest friend besides DH...10 years and we talk regularly...his wife is pregnant and due a month before me...we see them every other month since they live in Oakley...but we talk to them regularly.  I talk to his wife daily...and him weekly.

Happy Takes Work A family blog.
    Money Matters The other half's blog.
    EJ is growing up too fast!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    my friend Michelle and I have known eachother since 3rd grade, so maybe 23 years !? And I just saw her yesterday :)
  • Options

I think I met one of my bff's when I was 6...so 23 years. wow..(im gonna be so embarrassed if I did the math wrong) LOL

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Since I was 3.  I am 40.  Crazy!  So cool that she knows all of my history.
  • Options

My oldest friend I have known about 32 yrs!  We went to daycare together as tots and then grade school and high school.  I still consider her one of my BFFs.  :)  My other BFF I have known since high school. 

• Options

My oldest friend was my first BFF. We've known each other 24 years now. We still keep in contact, although she and her family moved away 19 years ago, and while we've kept in touch, we aren't as close anymore.

My current BFF is my second oldest friend. We've known each other 21 years now. 

Mama's Clone - 07/18/12

• Options

does my sister count? b/c she's my best friend. if so, my whole life. but obviously, we weren't always the best of friends.

I have one friend I've known since I was 5. she and her 2 sisters are like an additional 3 more sisters for me and my sisters.

My best friend beside my sister and John is my friend Molly who I met freshmen year of high school, so 15 years ago.

**** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • Options
    Since I was 5. First day of Kindergarten! So, 20 years.
  • Options
    My BFF and I have known each other since age 6...so 29 years!  Also still good friends with another grade school friend.
  • Options
    I have known two of my friends for 31 or 32 years, we are all very close.  One of them lives on the East coast, and the other lives 7 doors down from me! 
  • Options

I have two people i'd consider my "bffs" and they both come from 2 totally different circles of friends, and actually (this is funny) they don't really like each other.  They both represent completely different sides of my personality!

I met them both when I was in 7th grade- one I sang with, she now lives in Baltimore, I see her as often as I can.  The other was from school and is still local.  I see her often.

The other person I'd consider as a long time best friend is mycollege roomate- we have known each other for 14 years?  But we had kids at the same time, got married at the same time, went through a lot if stuff together.  She lives in Cleveland but we talk a lot and see each other when we can.

Interesting question!

The Boy Wonder 8/23/06 & The Famous Baby 6/1/10
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My soulsisters they are sisters and I have known them for 25 years, we talk almost everyday. I have several girlfriends from HS too so 14/ 15 years.
  • Options
    Since we were about 2 or 3, so about 23 years ; )
  • Options
    Since pre-school, so 33 years now.  I though for sure I'd have the longest but it looks like Kjunspice beats me by a couple years :)
  • Options
    Th longest known friend is 32 years, my age.  We met through my mom and her mom being friends - we still talk, but not best friends anymore.  I just saw her last month and she was with me the night before my mom died in the hospital visiting with her.
  • Options
    One friend that I had recently caught back up with I've known pretty much my whole life (so 30 years). We don't keep in touch that often but I've known her a long time. The other one that I still talk to a lot is a friend from grade school so about 23 years.
  • Options
    I'm extremely fortunate to have 4 close friends - one my BFF - who I've known for 26 years this October.  They are two sets of sisters who lived in my neighborhood and we are all still in very close contact.
  • Options

reconnected with a friend from elm school, so 20 years there. next would be about 15 years

• Options

My oldest, closest and probably my bff right after the hubs I've known for 17 years. We met when I was a sophomore in high school. I had transferred from an all girls private catholic school to a public co-ed high school.

• Options
    15 years, and we see each other very frequently, were in each other's weddings, our spouses are great friends, etc...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Only 14 years.
  • Options
    I've known my best friend (Cheekygirl on the nor-cal board) for about 14 years.  My cousin who I am super close with I've also known 14 years.  She lived in SD and when I was about 13 I'd go down there for a week and then she'd come here for a week.  My newer best friend I've known for 2 years.  All are like sisters too me. 
  • Options

imagejsugrin:
    Since pre-school, so 33 years now.  I though for sure I'd have the longest but it looks like Kjunspice beats me by a couple years :)

Yeah, but it means I'm older so I'm not really "winning"! Stick out tongue

• Options
    24 years, we met in 2nd grade.  :)
  • Options

32 years.

My best friend was born two days after me and our mom's are best friends.  I just threw a baby shower for her on Sunday, so crazy how long we have known each other!

• Options
    Since I was 10, so 25 years.  Wow.  I got old somewhere along the line!
  • Options
    Since 5th grade, so almost 20 years.
    DS 2.12.09 ~ DD 3.23.12
  • Options

since she was born! 31 years. She lived 5 houses away...lol the funny thing is our siblings went to school together since kindergarden but didn't start dating until they were 21 then married 7 years later! lol

we share nephews! its totally cool!

This post makes me sad...she is leaving to the other side of the country on friday!Crying

• Options

I have 2 best friends (they are twins) that I have know for 24 years.

I have a friend that I have known all my life, well...since she was adopted at 5 (I was 4). She & I don't talk all the time and will go for years between talking but the connection is always there :)

Life is a roller coaster, enjoy it!

Lighthouse State Beach, Santa Cruz.

• Options
    My two very best friends...one 26 years and the other 20 years. Both are my neighbors now, too :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"