Parenting after 35
Options

Intorduce bottle? HELP!

So I listened to my LC and she told me at the hospital to keep little G on the breast for 6 weeks.  So I did.  Now I want to introduce the bottle.  Not so easy, so I have found out.

Q:  When you introduced the bottle, how long did it take before they started to drink from it? 

Also, if you EBF and then introdiced a bottle, how long did it take?  The bottle of milk is back in the fridge and I'll try again in a few minutes.  Maybe when shes not hungry.

Re: Intorduce bottle? HELP!

• Options
    DD took to it right away but she was iffy on the soothie bottle, good on the Nuk and the Ventaire.  So might actually be the type of bottle you are using as well.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options

I started supplementing at 3 weeks & she had no problem. I guess she was hungry enough. Maybe you should wait til she's really hungry?

Sienna wanted nothing to do with the pacifier though. She does take it now, but spits it out most of the time. We really only use it for emergencies.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagefiazo:

I started supplementing at 3 weeks & she had no problem. I guess she was hungry enough. Maybe you should wait til she's really hungry?

So Sienna  will take the bottle now whenever you give it?  How often do you give a bottle?  Little doesnt like her paci either.

• Options
    I'm no help since we were forced to introduce a bottle so early. However, I was given the advice to choose a nipple with a wide base - apparently it more closely simulates a breast. I don't know if it made any difference but Ada can easily go from breast to bottle and back again with no "nipple confusion".
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
  • Options

Our hospital said introduce the bottle at 4 weeks or there might be a problem with them wanting to take it.

We've been using bottles since 1.5-2 weeks. We needed to supplement and the SLS was doing our heads in so we started DS on Dr. Browns. Luckily it didn't lead to nipple confusion. 

With M's recent move to the bigger nipples and general eating issues, we've found that being really patient and letting him sniff, lick or gum at the bottle eventually leads to him taking it. If he still doesn't want it then we put the bottle away until he fusses again. 

He still doesn't take it as quickly as the boob, but it works.

Good luck Mari! I hope to hear that G's eating like a champ!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"