Special Needs
Options

Random: The Office/Community

Anybody catch the line in the Office after Jim/Pam's pregnancy was announced? One of the coworkers shouted 'Don't vaccinate it'.

And Community has a guy undiagnosed with Aspergers. They cracked the joke 'Ass-burgers' and I decided I wasn't fond of that t-shirt logo anymore. And, was he quoting tv/movie lines the whole show? I was a little lost. He was odd but VERY loveable.

Anyway, just a random post.....  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Random: The Office/Community

• Options
    Spongebob?????!!!!
  • Options

Ha ha to spongebob!!!

umm I LOVEEEEEEEEEEE Sheldon (the 1st season I did not, but have grown to love him) I always thought his chartacter was off, but did not make a connection w/ AS. Probably b/c I have only encournter one person w/ known AS and he just seemed to be a BIG jerk and the team (we were use to schzio and bipolar) had to remind each other that he was not a jerk, that it was the AS (although due to him being so bright, we all thought that he knew he had an "excuse" and therefor did not always put to use the skills he had learned all though the years.) He was about 20-21 y/o and boys that age, don't bx right anyways, then you add AS to the mix and it''s a hole new game.

I will say I often get a kick of  different shows that show mentally ill ppl and some times it's dead on and other times it's just rediculous, but that is hollywood, they are there for entertainment, not for education. Over the top antics is way more "fun" than well protrayed charactors.

Man now I wish I was paying attention to the shows i had them on, but was fiddling around w/ my laptop.

imageimage
    Max 4-08-08 and Michael 2-03-91 (19 years olds)
    image Both boys were born w/ hirschsprung's disease, you find yourself facing this dx, please feel free to ask me any questions.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I didn't hear "the don't vaccinate it" line.  I'll have to go to hulu and re-watch.  That would be strange to do that on such a lighthearted show.

I agree about the guy on Community.  He was VERY loveable.  I thought it was great when he was comparing the other characters to which movie star they were as their mood changed.

• Options

That's why I thought it was strange... on The Office... you KNOW someone wrote that line in. I probably misquoted it slightly, but it is in the scene where they finally admit it to the whole group. Someone in the back shouts it out - I honestly can't remember who it was... 

• Options
    imagebreezy0629:

That's why I thought it was strange... on The Office... you KNOW someone wrote that line in. I probably misquoted it slightly, but it is in the scene where they finally admit it to the whole group. Someone in the back shouts it out - I honestly can't remember who it was... 

I just was watching the episode on Hulu and YES!  I heard it.  It sounded just like Ryan- who was standing in the back of the room.  I thought it was ineffective if it was supposed to be funny...not because I'm passionate one way or another about vaccinating,...just because it wasn't a great line the way it translated to the episode you know?

• Options

Im not the parent of a special needs child, but i am a special education teacher and sister/guardian of my 22 year old brother with AS, so I lurk this board quite frequently :)

I dont think the Office line was meant to have a political, scientific, or any other sort of negative connotation to it.  I think it more showed people who can't mind their own business and shove their opinions down the throats of pregnant people (Being 28 weeks along myself, Im getting more advice than I can handle!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"