Philadelphia Babies
Options

XP: Possible relocation to Eastern PA

Hello!

I hope to get some feedback from you ladies, as our family will potentially be relocating to PA because of my husband's job. I saw West Goshen as one of the best places to live. I was wondering if you could give me any other places to look for our family with a good school system and a nice community feel. Thanks so much for any suggestions, Karen

Re: XP: Possible relocation to Eastern PA

• Options

The problem with this area is that there are SOO many nice communities that you will probably get a different response from everyone based on what they are familiar with.  If you can be more specific in what youre looking for I think you'll get more useful feedback.

It would be most helpful to know what general area youre looking in (near your DH's job?), what kind of "community" you prefer (city, small town, rural feel, typical suburbia etc), are you looking to rent or buy a home, is being near a certain amenity really important to you (city, turnpike, job, beach, mountains etc) etc.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Where will the job be?  Do you want to be close to the city? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We don't want to be directly in a city, but within an hour would be nice. We don't want to live in a subdivision, but a neighborhood that has a bit of land between houses (semi-rural maybe..) My husband will be working from home, but needs to live in PA...and I wanted Eastern, to be as close to my family since we're coming from CT. We want to buy a home...between $350- $400K would be ideal...not necessary need to be close to beach, mountains, etc. but further east/north would be desirable. Thanks!
  • Options
    It is so hard to say, especially since people are moving outward, so what used to be rural is turning into suburban.  But based on what you said, I'd say Chester, Upper Montgomery or Bucks county would be good for you.  
  • Options
    I'm in the Lehigh Valley, which is about an hour north of Philly and a little more than an hour south of NYC.  Not too far from the Jersey shore either!  I always pictured it as the perfect central location.  And you should be able to get a nice house in your price range with a decent amount of land since its a little further from the cities!  We actually lived closer to Philly for about two years (in Lafayette Hill which is super nice) but ultimately moved back to where we both grew up. 
    ~Miss K born 1/8/2011~Miss I born 1/3/2013~2 angels~
    Baby #3 is on the way!  EDD 10/29/14

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"