3rd Trimester

Thank you note for CoWorker group gift?

Is it tacky to send a thank you email for a group gift from your coworkers? 

It was a surprise shower and 25+ people contributed, I am not exactly sure who did and did not contribute.  The gift card was really generous and I did not want to not thank the group. We do not have a group area where everyone would see a thank you note, so if I hand write something the people who contributed might not see it.

Here is what I have:

Dear Team,

Thank you so much for the shower and the generous gift card.  Thank you for the far-too-generous gift.   I don?t know how to thank you for that.  A newborn baby means lots of new stuff to buy, the gift card will certainly come in handy.  My husband and I are having fun deciding how to spend it!

I am so happy to have such wonderful co-workers to share this joyous moment with in my life.    Thank you all so much for your generous gift!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Thank you note for CoWorker group gift?

• Who hosted it or was in charge of the group gift? I would find out from them exactly who contributed and give hand written thank you cards to each person. 

• Since it was so many people, then I think that is fine. If you can pinpoint one person who seemed to be in charge/organize things, I would also handwrite a note to that person.
  • Loading the player...
  • I think this is perfect.  I have a similar situation, about 30 people contributed to a gift card.  I was thinking of the email route as well. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageLovingLife!:
    Who hosted it or was in charge of the group gift? I would find out from them exactly who contributed and give hand written thank you cards to each person. 

This.  If they pitched in their time/money, I think they need a hand written TY card.

• imageAussie*s_Mom:

imageLovingLife!:
    Who hosted it or was in charge of the group gift? I would find out from them exactly who contributed and give hand written thank you cards to each person. 

This.  If they pitched in their time/money, I think they need a hand written TY card.

That is the hard part, I am not sure who did and the ring leader won't tell me.  She says it is from the team.  I gave the ring leader a small thank you/hostess gift but wanted to make sure everyone was thanked...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would try to find out who contributed to the gift and do a handwritten thank you.
  • imageLovingLife!:
    Who hosted it or was in charge of the group gift? I would find out from them exactly who contributed and give hand written thank you cards to each person.?

This! ?I think group thank you's are tacky. You can also consider bringing in something like cookies or cupcakes for the group but then still doing thank you's individually. ?IF you absolutely can not find out who contributed, then make some small gift thank you's for everyone. Like the a cute bag of candy with a nice note about how you appreciate them thinking of you and then give it to everyone whether they contributed or not.?

• i really would try to find out who contributed and send out handwritten cards--if you cannot however--I would maybe gets doughnuts and coffee one morning and place a thank you card there, and send out an email saying thank youfor the gift--coffee and doughnuts at X location.
    BFP#1 twins--m/c Baby B-- DC#1 DS 03/22/05 BFP#2 m/c 2006 BFP#3/DC#2 DD 10/22/09 BFP #4! EDD 9/15/12 at 9 dpo BabyFruit Ticker
  • In the e-mail, you could write... "In appreciation of the generous gift for the new baby, please stop by the lunch room for donuts/bagels (whatever).  It means a lot to have co-workers who care so much and have shown it in such a generous way."

Then, people will go to that designated area and can see the hand-written card (make it a fancy one, maybe bring balloons/confetti/baby toy to decorate).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"