Pennsylvania Babies

BOO!

So I had my 1 hour glucose test this afternoon. They said the # had to be below 135, mine was 181--BOO! So back I go next Wednesday morning.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: BOO!

• I hate the 3 hour glucose.  I had to do it twice when I was pregnant- once at the end of the 1st trimester and once at the regular time.  But I did pass both times.  It wasn't that it was that bad, it was just that I was there for along time, and fasting for 15 hours when you're pregnant is not fun.

Good luck, and take lots to read/do.  Hopefully you just had a very sugary breakfast!

• Actually, I hadn't had anything. I drank the drink 2:40-2:45 and the blood taken at 3:45pm. I hadn't eaten or drank anything since 1:30 am...yes I had fasted for about 13 hours to begin with so this isn't looking very promising.

The test itself isn't what I'm really dreading, like you it's just the wait.

• Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry to hear that you didn't pass!  I know all too well what it feels like.  The 3 hr. wasn't bad at all...just boring more than anything.  I failed both and ended up with GD but it was pretty easy to deal with actually.  I lost a lot of weight being on that diet.  Good luck to you!! 
  • Lesli: I was telling DH that you had had GD and it really helped with the weight.

I know most ladies don't pass the 1 hour. I'm curious what my baseline was,since I fasted, and had what I'd consider a high # after an hour (181). After checking stuff out online, apparently the charts are for 100 grams of glucose, mine was only 50 grams, so I'm thinking that my #s are really bad.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"