Infertility
Options

OOP IVF girls - please come in....

When did you make your initial payment.  The big chunk of money that you owe.  We have to pay $ 9,500 up front.  But I am not sure if it has to be paid when we start BCP or when we start stims??  Just curious when everyone else paid.  TIA.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: OOP IVF girls - please come in....

• Options
    We had to have our anesthesia, RE bill, and hospital bill paid a few weeks before we started stims.  Everything was paid up front except for monitoring visits.
  • Options
    :::butting in::: I'm not OOP, but wanted to ask are you doing Shared Risk or are your IVF fees just that high? Our RE's office charges $16,100 for shared risk (3 IVFs and unlimited FETs) or $7500 per IVF cycle. I guess I'm just shocked by the high amount!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think I paid at my suppression check, a few days before starting stims.
  • Options
    We had to do a $1000 deposit at the time of IVF consult and then the remaining $18,000 is due before I start Lupron so we just paid it recently. We paid the pharmacy separately when I ordered my meds. Fun times!

Baby Beau
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 for 5 years - Many years, many tears 3 Clomid IUIs all BFN IVF#1 w/ ICSI = BFP!!!! Beta #1 - 157 11dp3dt, Beta #2 - 340 13dp3dt

FET for #2 9/1/11 Beta #1 9dp5dt - 153!!! Beta #2 11dp5dt - 426!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Psalm 113:9 He settles the barren woman in her home as a happy mother of children. Praise the LORD.
  • Options
    We paid about $11,000 at my first monitoring session after I started stims. Within a few days, we had paid a little over $20,000 because of all DH's costs too! Thankfully, our clinic has a shared risk that everyones gets, they do IVF until you have a baby, and it isn't like a package, everyone gets this benefit.
    Me: all good
    DH: dx azoo 8/3/09 found out DH has CBAVD due to Cystic Fibrosis on 8/18/09
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: start stims 9/4/09, ER/MESA 9/15/09, ET 9/20/09 Transferred 2 GREAT Blasts!

Baby Boy was born on 5/14/10 at 36w 3d
    (induced due to IUGR, 4 lbs 15 oz but perfectly developed and healthy)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

FET#1: start Lupron 9/25/11, FET 10/20/11
    Transferred two 6 day hatching Blasts!
    Beta #1 on 11/3/11 BFN

FET#2: start Lupron 11/20/11, FET 12/15/11
  • Options

imagenikinikinine:
    :::butting in::: I'm not OOP, but wanted to ask are you doing Shared Risk or are your IVF fees just that high? Our RE's office charges $16,100 for shared risk (3 IVFs and unlimited FETs) or $7500 per IVF cycle. I guess I'm just shocked by the high amount!

No it is not shared risk - my RE is just expensive - the $ 9,500 covers the monitoring appointment and bloodwork, ER and ET - everything else is extra - it is going to cost us about $ 16,000 for one IVF cycle when everything is said and done - being OOP sucks.

• Options

I had to pay $3k at my first monitoring appt, then the balance had to be paid before my ER.  I agree, OOP sucks big time.

And btw, I am SUPER EXCITED for you to get started Jackie!!

• Options

We had to pay in full at the consult consent signing/shot teaching class right before starting Lupron.  That was just payment for the ER, ET, monitoring, and a deposit for the cryropreservation.  The deposit would be given back if there were none to freeze. 

The pretesting, trial transfer, SIS, that was all separate and had to be paid for before the IVF cycle so it was very tough. 

H: 34 dx Azoospermia due to CBAVD from CF  
    ME: 39 IS FINE!!!  DOR and poor AMH/FSH/LH
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #1 Beta 1 373 Beta 2 1783 BOY/GIRL TWINS!! Born April 2010!!
    Natural FET 5/26/12 2 blasts Beta 1 207 Beta 2 513 Beta 3 1377 U/S 6/28 Pregnancy not viable d & c scheduled :( 
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #2 ER 11/15/12 Nothing to transfer :( 
    IVF/ICSI #3 April 2013 MDLF 3dt of 3 embryos, chemical :(  
    IVF #4/ICSI/MESA/CCS/FET EPP April 2015
    ODWU CCRM with Dr. Sch COMPLETE!!!! Put on acai supplement they are studying for DOR and embryo quality.
    DAY 3 Labs Drawn 2/26 put on vitamin D and calcium supplements
    Regroup and Protocol Reveal 3/04 "Bazooka Protocol" EPP with MDLF "Protocol 6 with patches"
    ER/MESA 4/10 ER 9 eggs retrieved MESA success found live swimmers :)
    Fertilization Report 6 eggs mature and ICSI'd 4 eggs fertilized normally
    Day 6 Report to Blast for CCS 4/16: 2 DAY 5 BLASTS BIOPSIED FOR CCS a 4AB and a 3AB!!!!
    CCS Results BOTH BLASTS CCS NORMAL!!!!!!  call on 4/24
    Regroup call to discuss CCS results and FET call on 5/20
    FET prep: CD 1 6/08 CD 3 Start BCP 6/10, HSG 6/12 Lupron Start 10 iu 6/17 End BCP 6/21 CD 1 6/23!!!
    Start vivelle patches 6/25 change e/o/d reduce Lupron to 5iu 6/25 Blood Draw 7/01, 7/08, 7/15, 7/19
    Increase vivelle patches 7/03 2 change e/o/d and 7/05 change e/o/d 3 and 7/07 4 change e/o/d add vaginal estrace 2x a day
    Lining Check/Blood Draw 7/08 and 7/15 End Lupron 7/18  Start PIO 1ml daily 7/18  Blood  Draw 7/19
    Flight to clinic 7/22
    FET 2 CCS BLASTS :):)  7/23 :):) YES YES both thawed and both fully expanded :):)
    7/26 :):) 3dp5dt PM very very faint positive FRER
    7/27: 4dp5dt Neg Digi AM but very very faint positive FRER PM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 1-2 :):) 
    7/31:8dp5dt AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 2-3!!!! :):) 
    Beta 1 8/01= 408!!!!!!!!!! at 9dp5dt FET
    Beta 2 8/03 = 1014!!!!!!!!!! at 11dp5dt FET
    8/05/2015 AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 3+!!!! :):) 
    First Ultrasound: 8/20!!!!!! TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Genetics says BOTH BOYS!!!!!!!!!
    Second Ultrasound: 9/03!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

we're not completely OOP, but our OOP deductible is still $9600. We have to pay that before I start meds.

Our complete cycle is $16K too... it's the area we live in.

Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I have to pay the full 11K for the cycle at my first monitoring appointment.

I just paid for the meds yesterday. So painful.

imageimage

• Options
    We had to pay $700 at the consultation meeting for the case management fee.  Then at the begining of the cycle before we started the stims we had to pay the rest of the amount.  I think all together is was roughly $6095 for IVF with ICSI and Cryopreservation.  That's only because BCBS pays for the ultrasounds office visits and the bloodwork.
  • Options
    We paid basically 2 monitoring appointments before ER...so one week after I started stimming/Lupron.  My IVF cycle started on a Monday (started taking both Menopur/Follistim and Lupron shots that day -- my RE does not do BCP).  Then on day 7 (one week later after starting my cycle), I paid for the full cycle ($25K - ER/ET, PGD) in full.  I'm assuming it will be the same with IVF #2.
    5 IUIs | 4 IVFs | 2 sweet little girls Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have to pay in full at our baseline u/s appt. Right before I start stims.
    Many failed IUI's (medicated and unmedicated) IVF#1-Micro-dose Lupron protocol: BFN IVF#2-Antagonist Protocol-transferred 1 8-cell grade A embryo: BFP! Missed Miscarriage- D&C 4/2011 IVF#3-Antagonist protocol again but no bcp's: August 2011 DOR, endo and cervical stenosis ER 8/16/11 3 er 3 fert w/icsi ET 8/19/11-assisted hatching- transferred (2) 8 cell embryos! 9/1/11=Beta#1=824 9/6/11=Beta#2=7337

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"