Special Needs
Options

Pulling out the g-tube is now a game

My goofy little kid now thinks its flat out hilarious to pull out his g-tube.  I keep him in onesies all the time and have resorted to putting a big band-aid on during baths.  I am trying the ignoring and re-directing method now - because apparently no-no-no is just too funny to him too.  :) 

The kiddo is getting more lovable by the minute with all of the laughiness and grins, but its just like he waits until we've fed him a huge meal, then ha ha mom I'll show you.  At least we aren't scared about it coming out anymore & we are definitely getting good practice putting it back in.  :) 

Any other little g-tube comedians out there?? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Pulling out the g-tube is now a game

• Options
    Oh and side question - anyone decided on any cute halloween outfits for their LO? 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

You poor thing! Owen just got his button in on Wednesday.  I like it so much more than the PEG that we have had the last 6 months.  He hasn't tried to pull it out yet but I am sure it will happen.  I hear it is very easy to put back in but I am sure it is a little tough the first time.

Also glad that you have your stander.  Does he have AFO's yet? We got fitted and will be picking them up next week.  The stander is quite a contraption huh?? It looks like such a torture device but Owen seems to enjoy it. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    oh goodness. I don't look forward to this. My biggest fear is he starts doing this at daycare.
  • Options
    Mine hasn't pulled his out, it's fallen out while venting and whatnot while he has his fits, but never has pulled it out. Yikes! I do the same and keep him in onesies because he always pulls, twists, and thumps it. I swear, it's like a nervous habit or something, lol. He mostly does it when he's tired. I'll check on him before I go to bed and his hand will be holding it through his pjs.
  • Options

DS pulled it while napping and we had to go to the hospital because we could not get it in again. They don't lie when they say that hole can close up in the matter of hrs. After that he has not pulled it out again. We use a safey pin for his sleepers so when can gets a nap he has a sleeper on.

He is going to be yoda.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"