Maryland Babies

Talk to me about Kathleen Slone and/or Mercy Hospital

Thinking of switching there for my next baby. I delivered at Ho Co with Capital Women's group and did not have a wonderful expereince. I am still torn about what kind of birth I would like to have (I went natural last time) but I defintiely want choices. I am looking for a midwife group that will give me lots of personal attention, etc.

Re: Talk to me about Kathleen Slone and/or Mercy Hospital

• I've been going to Kathy Slone and her group since about half way through my pregnancy (I'm now 34 weeks) and although this is my first baby and I haven't been with them through delivery yet, I'm very happy with them.  They are very open and don't force any 'philosophy' on you.  I've had a pretty uneventful pregnancy so I haven't needed much extra attention, but they've always been available and I've felt that any one of the midwives (3 total) would take all of the time needed to make me feel comfortable or answer my questions. As far as Mercy - don't know too much about them, but we have a tour of the L&D next week
  • This is my first baby and I have been with them since I found out I was pregnant.  I am 27 weeks now and have been very satisfied.  I've had to make a few late night calls and the midwives have always been wonderful, helpful, and honest.  They took the time to get to know my wife and I and we both feel very comfortable going there and asking questions (and she doesn't talk to ANYBODY :)).  Although Mercy wasn't my first choice (location reasons only), I have had several cousins-in-laws born there and all of their births were pleasant experiences for the mom (and I hear the food's good).
    IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"