1st Trimester

When did you get your positive HPT?

Hey ladies, I am not pregnant (yet) but hope to be. I was just wondering when you all got your positives? I know you should ideally test between 12-14 DPO but I hear of some people testing early. The reason I ask is that it is DH's birthday on Tuesday and I would like to test then, according to FF I would be 10 DPO (which I know is early but have heard of some women getting accurate results then)

I know it is completely ridiculous and I wish I could turn my brain off! It would be amazing if I got the positive but at the same time if it was another BFN I wouldn't want that to put a damper on the day. I will probably wait and not test but imagining how cool it would be is driving me bananas.

So...to make a short story LONG, when did you get your positive HPT?

Taking the Scenic Route
FET: Success! Beta at 14dp5dt: 2427 TWINS!!

Re: When did you get your positive HPT?

• I got my BFP 13 DPO. 
  • I am a POAS pusher.  I say do it.  Just know it may be too early, so don't be too disappointed.  But that would be a really cool b-day present.  I got mine at 12 DPO.  I used a first response, not digital.  The line was very obvious.  It made me think when I could have seen a faint line.  My LP was 12 days.  How long is yours?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I got mine 11dpo around 3:30pm. I was actually shocked because I figured it was too early to see a positive result.
    Brad & Laci Est: 2007 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 12DPO.  Don't test if it will bum you out!  Wait a few days so you will know for  sure.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I tested 9 DPO and it was negative, 14 DPO and I got a faint line!  My LP is usually 14 days long.  If you have a longer LP, I would definitely wait to test, specially if a negative will you get you down on what should be a fun day!
  • i got my first pos 9 DPO via very faint line. the next day i used a digital and got a "pregnant" :) I rec using the digital b/c if you test early you're only going to get a very faint line-then you will spend the next 5 hours trying to decide if it's really a line, and then another 5 hours trying to convince your DH that there's actually a line...so do yourself a big favor and go for the digital!!

GL, let us know how it turns out :)

• I got mine at 15 dpo. I tested at 14dpo and got a negative. Good luck!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • 12DPO it was clear.  I took one at 10DPO and thought I was just seeing things.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • After ttc for a year and a half, I just waited until I was late.  I was sick and tired of getting BFN.  Good Luck!!!
  • My LP was only 10 days last cycle and that was my first cycle temping (after many months of not temping I don't know what the hell I was waiting for) so I only have that cycle to go by.

Thanks for your advice ladies! I hope to post a BFP post on here soon Smile

Taking the Scenic Route
  • I got a BFN at 11DPO (taken mid-morning), then a BFP at 16DPO with FMU.

Disclaimer: I wasn't charting temps, only tracking CM, so DPO is approx, but I'm fairly certain I was within a day or two.

I'm sorry that's not what you wanted to hear!  I drink A LOT of water & I think that affected my result at 11DPO.

• imagecarrotcake06:

I got a BFN at 11DPO (taken mid-morning), then a BFP at 16DPO with FMU.

Disclaimer: I wasn't charting temps, only tracking CM, so DPO is approx, but I'm fairly certain I was within a day or two.

I'm sorry that's not what you wanted to hear!  I drink A LOT of water & I think that affected my result at 11DPO.

I wanted to hear honest answers so no need to apologize! Thanks for your input. If I do test (which I probably will not) I will do it with FMU

Taking the Scenic Route
  • Well, I thought that there was no chance I was pg this time around, so I didn't even think about testing until 14dpo when AF didn't show up.   But when I got pg with DD, I got a very obvious BFP on a FRER at 11dpo, so I'm guessing if I would have tested on 10dpo there may have been a faint line.

I am also a POAS pusher, so I say go for it.  We found out we are expecting #2 on monday on my DH's b-day and it was a wonderful b-day surprise. 

Good luck!

• Hi! Lurking from 2nd Tri...

I got a "Positive" evaporation line at 10dpo which I didn't believe. My real BFP came the next morning at 11 dpo with FMU.

Good luck, that would be a wonderful birthday present for your DH!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • imageDee1028:

My LP was only 10 days last cycle and that was my first cycle temping (after many months of not temping I don't know what the hell I was waiting for) so I only have that cycle to go by.

If your LP was 10 days last month, unless your temp drops, I would test.  It still may be early. :)  But like I said, I am a POAS pusher lol

• I got mine very early in the morning at 10DPO using a First Response.  Go ahead and test if you can be chill and realize that a negative doesn't necessarily mean you're not PG.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    4 early losses 2009, 2010, 2015.  Baby #1 born 2/13/11.  
  • imagerenfred:
    imageDee1028:

My LP was only 10 days last cycle and that was my first cycle temping (after many months of not temping I don't know what the hell I was waiting for) so I only have that cycle to go by.

If your LP was 10 days last month, unless your temp drops, I would test.  It still may be early. :)  But like I said, I am a POAS pusher lol

LOL. Thanks for the advice. I will keep an eye on my chart and it will probably be a game time decision. Right now I am thinking NO but if I have no clear signs of AF and my temps stay up then MAYBE. 

Taking the Scenic Route
  • I got mine at 14 dpo, but with my 1st pregnancy, I got it at 11 dpo. ?I have tried many different types of HPTs and EPT Certainty Digital was by far the most sensitive. ?My doctor was shocked (both times) that it even registered positive!

Hey, even if it comes out negative, you still may be pregnant!?

• 13DPO, when my period was officially late. Generally those who test "early" do so because they know they have short LP.

If you feel a BFN would put a damper on your mood for your DH's birthday I say it isn't worth it. It really isn't fair to him. 10DPO is early and you're likely to get a BFN whether is a true BFN or not. 

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had a strong line at 12DPO, so it might have shown up earlier at 10DPO. 
  • I got a faint positive at 9 dpo on a dollar tree brand, and an obvious positive on a FRER at 10 dpo, but I also had what looked like a implantation temp drop at 7dpo.

I say temp, but only if a BFN won't ruin your hub's birthday. 

I (personally) wouldn't advise a digital at 10 dpo, because they are not as sensitive.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For some crazy reason I got my BFP really early- 8 DPO. I was really queasy and thought "why not!"
  • Very clear positive at 10 dpo. Good luck!
  • I got a BFN at 12 days DPO  but a BFP 14 DPO.  Good luck!
  • My BFP cycle I had a negative on 10 DPO and a faint positive on 12 DPO, dark positive on 13 DPO. And my normal LP wasrelatively short (around 11-12 DPO)
  • 12 DPO on both pregnancies.  With ds 12 DPO was on dh's 30 bday and it was a nice bday present.  There is a chart that shows your likliness of getting accurate test results at each DPO but I don't have it.  I know that according to that chart, 12DPO was as early as I was willing to test. I think your liklihood of an accurate test at 12 is 63% according to it.
  • i had a pretty dark line (with fmu) at 10 dpo.  took one a few hours later and it was suuuuper faint.  took a digital later than even and it read "positive".  gl!

• I tested at 10 dpo and got a very faint line after the time limit. The next day I got a little bit darker line within the time limit. good luck! If you've got internet or dollar store cheapies, I say go for it!
  • I got a faint line at 12 DPO in the afternoon (not FMU).

imageimage
    Zachary Ryan - 1/13/08 - 6lbs 15oz, 20.5 inches
    Lilia Rose - 5/11/10 - 8lbs 6oz, 21 inches
    imageimage
  • 14 dpo but i didn't test before then
  • I got mine at 10dpo.  I use tests from early-pregnancy-tests.com because they are infinantly cheaper then getting them at the store here (ten bucks for one store brand!).  So since I had so many, I didnt feel bad wasting them on testing too early.  If you dont want to waste money, then i'd wait until 12dpo based on your 10 day lp.  Good luck!
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got my BFP on SO's birthday.  It was a Tuesday and AF was due on Thrusday.  I believe I was about 11 DPO.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I got my BFPs at 11dpo and 12dpo.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"