Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Saddest Post Secret EVER!

Crying

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

Re: Saddest Post Secret EVER!

• Okay, I am really not an animal person, but now I want to cry. That is really really sad :(
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I saw that one...gave me chills.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh my goodness.  That is awful--I can't imagine just leaving:'(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am seriously fighting the tears reading that. i cant imagine not staying. :(
  • That breaks my heart.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • That is sooo sad :( I remember reading an article a long time ago by a vet saying that the very least you can do for your animal, someone who has loved you unconditionally the entire time they've been in your life, is to be there for them unconditionally until the very end of theirs. I will never forget that.
  • That is so, so true.  Broken Heart

Worked in a vet clinic for a VERY short time (I couldn't handle it).  Every time we had to euthanize an animal and the 'parent' didn't want to be in the room, the animal watched them leave.  And then stared, waiting for them to return.  Horribly sad.

• Ugh.  So sad.  Brining back tears thinking of how I stayed with my kitty when they had to put her down. DH couldnt stay but there was no way I could go. Oh my poor kitty Crying

Great now Im crying at work over my cat that died 3 years ago.

• It's very sad and very true. I worked at a vet clinic and the vets I worked with did their best to be compassionate, but that pet really needs their owner at the end. Just like we would want to be surrounded by our family.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • imageKatieTheMagnificent:

That is so, so true.  Broken Heart

Worked in a vet clinic for a VERY short time (I couldn't handle it).  Every time we had to euthanize an animal and the 'parent' didn't want to be in the room, the animal watched them leave.  And then stared, waiting for them to return.  Horribly sad.

Ugh, that makes me feel sick! When we've had to have one of our animals put to sleep, someone has always been with them. My sister held her cat who was dying of liver disease. My dad held our dog who had horrible arthritis and could hardly walk. My mom held our dog who was just so old and ill.

I can't imagine leaving an animal that has loved you for their entire life.  

• I remember having my dog's head in my lap.  He was my best friend.  I've had him through the start of college and high school.  How could I not be there for him?
  • OMG....I just had lots of memories of putting my cat down.  I stayed with her.   UGH-double Crying
  • That is so sad.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • My mom held my childood cat who had to be put to sleep at age 22 (!). She said it was so incredibly difficult but she knew she had to be there for her.

Okay, now I'm crying.

• We had to put down one of my kitties this time last year and I couldn't do it. DH stayed with her, but I now feel like a horrible kitty mom and I can feel the tears welling up...
  • Wow. Maybe it's the PG hormones, but that choked me up. And I really REALLY am not an animal person.

• Aw, my heart is breaking for you ladies.  :(

You'd be surprised by the people that just can't handle it.  The ones that really got me were the people bringing their pets in for some sort of minor problem (they thought) and left empty-handed.  One lady had a beautiful Silky Terrier that was her best friend.  The Silky had been acting a little weird so she brought her in ... Poor thing had a mass in her stomach and her kidneys were shutting down.  The lady took her outside and played with her for two hours.  Took pictures of her.  Fed her treats.  Held her during, held her after, and took her home to bury her.  That was the last day I worked there.

Aw, my heart is breaking for you ladies.  :(

You'd be surprised by the people that just can't handle it.  The ones that really got me were the people bringing their pets in for some sort of minor problem (they thought) and left empty-handed.  One lady had a beautiful Silky Terrier that was her best friend.  The Silky had been acting a little weird so she brought her in ... Poor thing had a mass in her stomach and her kidneys were shutting down.  The lady took her outside and played with her for two hours.  Took pictures of her.  Fed her treats.  Held her during, held her after, and took her home to bury her.  That was the last day I worked there.

My mom did something similar with one of our dogs. The vet assistant gave her a pair of wings to pin to her purse and hugged her while crying after he was put down and my mom held him. 

OMG stop.  I am SOBBING at my desk here.  Sad

The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

You'd be surprised by the people that just can't handle it.  The ones that really got me were the people bringing their pets in for some sort of minor problem (they thought) and left empty-handed. 

This is what happened to us. We thought it was maybe an infection or something and she had an obstruction in her intestine on top of diabetes... The surgery was going to be $3000 when all was done and then we had no gurantees she would recover properly because of her age. (she was 12 and a fat cat.) And then we would have to help her with the diabetes after that. 

• OMG SO sad!! I'm teary! I cant even handle the commercials showing animals in cages with the "arms of an angel" song either. Gets me everytime!
  • I'm sorry ladies!  :(  It's just so sad when one loses a part of the family like that.

We always sent the owners cards a week or two after.  I dunno if it ever helped, but I hope it did.

• Oh goodness why did I open this post.
  • imagekelbrian:
    imageKatieTheMagnificent:

My mom did something similar with one of our dogs. The vet assistant gave her a pair of wings to pin to her purse and hugged her while crying after he was put down and my mom held him. 

Crying

Stories like these are why I could never work in a vet's office, no matter how much I love animals. Bless the kind people who work there day in and out caring for the animals and their owners.

• Oh I know. I cried when I read that last Sunday (I always read them asap).

I haven't had to put down a pet before, but I have buried one of my childhood dogs after my mom took him, and I still think about it. :(

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I'm assuming when you say "leave" you are referring to leaving before the euthanization is started.

DH and I had our golden put to sleep back in Jan 2007 (she had a large cancerous tumor in her leg that had burst & she was already 10+ years old). We stayed until she lost consciousness.

The whole thing broke our hearts :( I still remember when DH got her leash so we could take her to the car, she started hopping around all excited like we were going to take her for a walk.

Ok, I'm stopping, because now I'm starting to cry... it was certainly one of the saddest days of my life :(

That just made me loose it. 

We always sent the owners cards a week or two after.  I dunno if it ever helped, but I hope it did.

I'm sure it did.  When we lost Kiz, our Dobie with CDM, his cardiologist and the regular vet sent cards.  I bawled like a baby when we got them but it was nice to know that we were more than just, "those people with the crazy heart problem dog". 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • my mom stayed with our dog. he had nerve damage and was almost 14 years old. he was a lab. she said it was the most heartbreaking thing she has ever done and prays that she never has to do that again. this whole post is making me tear up at my desk.
  • We stayed with our german shepherd (he had bloat) and it was the saddest experience ever.  I still want to cry when I think about it.
  • My Yorkie had a stroke in my arms in the emergency animal hospital. He looked so scared when they took him from to try to help him. They let me go back and be with him while they euthanized  him. The one of the saddest days of my life. (Compares to my m/c's...I loved him so so much!) I held him as he took his last breath. There just isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of him. That was three years ago. I cry every time I think of how scared he looked. I wish I could have gone back while they tried to resuscitate  him but they wouldn't let me.
  • I stayed when my big old dog, Buster, had to be put to sleep.  It was one of the hardest things I've ever done, but I can't imagine not doing it.  Ugh...it's making me cry just thinking about it.
  • Yep, that just made me tear up. : (
  • That PS and all of these posts just made me cry at my desk. We had to put my 16 year old dog to sleep last October and it was horrible. DH took her and stayed with her b/c I was 3 weeks pp and couldn't handle it. He said the vet actually teared up with him after it was over.

• imageHellsBelle08:
    Yep, that just made me tear up. : (

Me too. :( I'm going to be such a mess when my cat passes away. He's getting up there in age and I can't even think about it. My mom calls him my oldest son Lol

• I stayed, 8 months pregnant.  I cried so hard that I thought I'd send my self into labor.  I can not imagine not being there for their final moments however it was one of the worst experiences of my life.  Our dog had a brain tumor and had an adverse reaction to the sedative.  I miss her every single day.
  • Oh my God, I am bawling. ?I would stay. ?I would, without a doubt, stay.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"