LGBT Parenting

hi everybody

I've kinda been neglecting this board--both boards really--because I've been so overwhelmed at work, but we got some news today. she got a call from the OB that she did test positive for the blood-clotting disorder that put her brother in the hospital a few weeks ago (factor V Leiden). we have an appointment with the high-risk OB in a week and a half, but I'm a little freaked out right now. I guess it's good that we know now...right? and so far everything with the pregnancy is looking normal, so nothing really to worry about at this point. right?

Re: hi everybody

• I am sure that was scary news to get. I'm sorry you have to wait so long for an appointment on top of it. Any chance your current OB or RE can help you get in faster?

It is possible that the new OB may decide to treat her with a blood thinner of some sort for the remainder of the pregnancy and/or post-partum.

It is wonderful that she hasbeen fine this whole time! I am saying lots of prayers that things stay that way.

Big hugs to you both, hang in there

• I think that your statement that it's good that you know is right on.  Now your doc will be on the look-out and will be able to address any problems that could arise immediately.  But as you said, things have been good up until now - that is good!  Best of luck - it's a long time to wait, but if your doc thinks you're okay to wait that long, I think that's a good sign.
    Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"