Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

strange pains (gas?) after D&C

I am having some strange pains that come and go (not cramping).  It almost seems like a gas pain/bubbles.  I had my D&C yesterday around noon, and this pain just began this afternoon.  My OB is off work today, so I will call tomorrow, but do you think it is okay to take something like Gas-X in the meanwhile?  My OB said no heating pad or hot baths for 2 days (which is exactly what I would love to do right now).  What else could it be? 

Re: strange pains (gas?) after D&C

• I am so sorry for your loss... (((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))  I had alot of pains after my d&c but it was cramping, I also had heartburn. But I think the heartburn was b/c I still had hormones in me, I got heartburn from time to time when I was pg. I think gas-x should be fine to take or you could take tums and see how it works. I took tums and I was fine. Hope your feeling better...
  • I had a lot of gas pains/cramping about three days after my D&C.  I called my doctor who assured me it was normal.  After that, though it went away and I felt fine. I hope you feel better soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had horrible gas pains.  I'm sorry you're uncomfortable/in pain.  I was able to take a bath which helped.  Also, I have found that if I lay on my back, my DH can apply pressure (very light) to my stomach and sides and even start to "lift" me at the waist, but not really lift and it helps me burp.

Hope you're feeling better soon. 

• I am so sorry for your loss. I had bad gas pains after my D&C. I also had pain using the bathroom. (#2--I know TMI)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blighted Ovum 7/2008 (D&C)
    Ectopic 7/2009 (Emergency surgery:removal of left tube)
    Blighted Ovum 1/2010 (Natural m/c)
    DS #1: 2/7/11
    Ectopic 2/2012
    BFP: 12/24/2013
  • I had a serious gas pain in my anus after my delivery. It took about a week to go away and it would seriously shoot me out of a chair if I was sitting when it hit.

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"