2nd Trimester

What does a kidney infection feel like??

What are some symptoms of a kidney infection?
#rainbows and #unicorns make any situation #cute. keithcorcoran
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What does a kidney infection feel like??

• Lower backache off to the side I know can be one symptome.

TTC #2 July 2014

Me: 35 DH: 36

FF Chart

imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

DD1 Feb 2010

• I have a dull ache in my lower right back...

My doctor did a urinalysis today at my appointment, wouldn't this have shown up??

#rainbows and #unicorns make any situation #cute. keithcorcoran
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • When I had a kidney infection, I felt like I was dying. I couldn't lay down, I puked from the pain,my side hurt, and it felt like I broke my back. IDK if it would show up on a urinanlysis...I went to the ER and they had me pee in a cup and also did blood work. not sure which gave the result.

I hope you dont have one. They are MISERABLE.

• Your lower back will hurt...and possibly swell if not treated. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've had one before. It will feel like someone is stabbing you in the back and you basically can't move. I hope you don't have one! But, the good news is that once they give you the meds it goes away almost instantly!
  • If you have to ask then you don't have one.  Everytime I get one I feel like I'm dying.  Plus, that type of thing should have shown up on UA.

If it's just a dull ache you may have a small kidney stone moving.  Mine feel like that until they start disrupting the kidney function- then they hurt like a mother!  Non-obtrusive kidney stones won't show up on a UA either.

When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. - Harry, "When Harry Met Sally" Planning Bio
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I agree with PP that you'd know if that's what it was! I had one in college, and I thought I was going to die, my back hurt so much. I could barely even walk, my roommate had to help get me to student health. Not a pleasant memory! Pretty sure mine was diagnosed via UA.

Hope you feel better! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I used to get these a lot before I had surgery to fix an anatomical issue.  Yes, you get crippling mid-to-low back pain; it could be difficult to walk.  You would probably have a fever and feel generally ill, almost flu-like.  You may see blood in your urine, but not necessarily.  Bacteria or blood would have likely shown up in your urine sample, yes, but it depends on what that office tests for.  GL! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"