Phoenix Babies

Delivering at Mercy Gilbert

This is my 2nd baby and the first time I delivered at Scottsdale Regional (Shea) and it was a wonderful experience. From triage, to delivery, to recovery I couldn't have asked for a better experience.  The nurses were beyond lovely and I was actually sad to leave them (could have been the hormones).  I really wanted to deliver there again but, the 30 min. drive from our home in Gilbert combined with the fact that I had decided to change doctors (my OB left her practice which was in Scottsdale) left us with the decision to deliver at Mercy Gilbert.

If you delivered there and are willing to share. Please let me know your experience good or bad. We are touring next month which I am sure will help, but I always like to hear other perspectives.

Re: Delivering at Mercy Gilbert

• I am excited for you, I delivered at Mercy Gilbert in November and my baby was premature. I actually stayed at the hospital twice before delivery and every stay was absolutely wonderful. The nurses are as sweet as can be and caring and nurturing. Many of my guests who have yet to have babies were insisting to their husbands that they deliver at Mercy Gilbert. I was shocked that the hospital food was not disgusting. My husband and I found ourselves visiting the cafeteria late nights at 1am for icecream sundaes. I plan on going back on my son's 1 year mark and bringing them a cake to thank them. My father in law works at many hospitals in the valley and he even commented that his partners always try to get cases at Mercy Gilbert because the food is better. I felt completely at home with the staff and they weren't pushing my guests out of the room or not letting them in they were very kind. I hope you have the same wonderful experience I had. If you have any questions let me know. I think in total I was there 10 days over the span of my pregnancy. The nurses there really fight for you as a patient, being that my son was a preemie they were discharging me and the nurses felt that my son was strong enough to go home and that I was doing everything right. Well they made sure he went home with me even though he was only 3lbs 13 oz. It was wonderful and he is a healthy baby boy growing off the charts.
  • Thank you so very much for taking the time to respond I really appreciate it.  I feel better knowing you had such a great experience. I'm keeping positive and I'm sure I will have just as great of an experience, but I'm a creature of habit so when I have to bring in change I try to prepare myself. Big Smile
  • Loading the player...
  • I LOVE that hospital. I live in Chandler, and drove there to deliver there. I kinda know of most the hospitals in the valley, due to my moms health. Shes in and out of hospitals. So, when deciding on where to deliver, I chose there, even though its like a 20 min drive, since the staff was friendly. 

The maternity staff were friendly and patient and attentive. Helped make the suckiness (the pain) of child birth a little better! =P 

I loved the rooms. They are roomy, which makes it awesome.

And if you need anything, the nurses will get it for you. Like post baby pain killers! lol

Totally would have a baby there again! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"