Texas Babies
Options

Resale store rant :(

A few weeks ago, I emailed my mom a picture of the type/style crib we were looking for, just so she could keep an eye out for something similar for a good price.  This morning her and a girlfriend went looking for furniture for the friend's home, and they went to a few resale stores to take a look (mom lives in SA).  The SAM shelter has a furniture resale store, in which the proceeds go to provide income for the shelter.  My mom came across a very similar crib there, like the one I had sent her in a email, so she took a picture and texted it to me.  It was indeed exactly what I was looking for, granted it had a couple of scratches on it, but was in good condition, and the best thing about it was that the price was $199 plus an additional 20% off.   I called my mom back and told her to go ahead and purchase it.  My mom had an attendant in the store break the crib down for her so that it would fit in her friend's suv.  My mom continues to shop around the store, and the attendent later comes to her and says, "Maam, my manager says the price($199) is for the mattress in the crib only...the crib is $399."  My mom mentions to him that the price tag is clearly attached to the crib, and that there is no way that they would be selling a used crib mattress for $199.  My mom asks to speak to the manager, and the manager comes over and tells my mom, "That is the price and I'm sticking to it."   When my mom asked where the $399 price came from, the manager just walked away (so rude!). My mom and her friend left the store, very disappointed.  She called me and told me the story and now I'm ticked off.  It'd be one thing, if my mom misread the price, but she has the picture (and so do I) of the $199 pricetag that was on the crib (before the manager pulled it off) to prove it.What really pisses me off is that (#1) people DONATE items for free to this shelter, and the resale store sells the items for pure profit.  Why on earth would you sell a USED item for [I'm assuming] the brand new retail price???  Not only that, why would you try to sell a used crib mattress for probably waaaay more than it is new???  (#2) Why put a pricetag on something, and change the price when someone wants to buy it?? Makes no sense to me.  Grrrr....!!!   Rant over. Just letting you SA nesties know not to shop there;  They have deceptive practices and charge waaay too much for used items. 

Re: Resale store rant :(

• Options
    oh no, that sounds like a horrible manager!  I've never heard of that place.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sherry! I didn't know you and Richard were pregnant! Congratulations! I'm not, I just check in on these ladies since they've all gotten pregnant and left our other board!
    | My Blog l image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagepaith041:
    Sherry! I didn't know you and Richard were pregnant! Congratulations! I'm not, I just check in on these ladies since they've all gotten pregnant and left our other board!

Haha...Hi Faith!  Yep, we're preggars honey bun!  Thanks! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"