Florida Babies
Options

Cost for Daycare/Nanny

Hello-

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help out with this question.  This is my first baby and I am trying to set up childcare because I will be returning to work after 6 weeks.  I am confused on the right amount to pay, etc. because some of the "family daycares" and a nanny that would come to my house are asking me for a rate?  I don't want to not pay them a fair price b/c they will take care of my baby but I also don't know what is "fair".

Any help would be so helpful!!!! Thanks in Advance!

Re: Cost for Daycare/Nanny

• Options

Congratulations!

The cost for a nanny is about $10 - $15 per hr, depending on experience.  I'm not sure about home daycares but for a daycare center, I paid $145 per week. I live in Lakeland so the cost may be a little less.

GL!
    Melissa

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you so much!!!!  And your LO is adorable Smile
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are sending ours the first week in November to an in-home nanny type lady who has the max of 6 children and we are paying $125 per week, but I have friends who send their five month old to an actual daycare in Westchase and pay $239 per week, which seems outrageous to me.
  • Options
    Whoa, giant pictures, I'm trying to resize them.
  • Options
    I was a nanny for 3 kids (ages 11, 8, 2) for the summer. I had the older ones all day and picked up the 2 year old after 3 pm until 6pm. I was being paid $10/hr in Sarasota. They also paid me an extra $10 or so at the end of the week for gas. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"