Illinois Babies

st. alexius medical center vs. northwest community hospital

Can anyone provide me with their opinion on both or either? I am searching for a doctor and a hospital to deliver at and these are the closest hospitals near me in Schaumburg. Any recommendations are much appreciated. Thanks!

Re: st. alexius medical center vs. northwest community hospital

• Dr. Jane Oh in Arlington Heights is amazing.  Right across from NWCH.

That is where I go.

They are all great.  

https://www.gyneandob.com/Pages/GO-PhysOh.html

• I used to see Dr. Jane Oh and she is super nice, but i moved from Palatine to Streamwood, so she was too far for me. I now see Dr. Andrea Das and she is fabulous! Every time I walk in the door, they all recognize me and know me by name...she even asks me how I'm doing and remembers if I had an issue a month ago to ask if everything is alright...her ultrasound tech is super sweet as well...she has saturday hours and on Tuesdays they do ultrasounds until 7pm...she is located in St. Alexius.

https://www.advancedobgyne.com/

• Loading the player...
  • with my 1st I was able to use my primary & I delivered at Alexian Brothers & I have no complaints

this time around I had to find a OB & I am meeting with Dr Yockey this Monday. She is in the Eberle building on the east side of Alexian

Have you checked with your insurance as to who you can see?

• I've heard excellent things about Dr Yockey out of Alexian Brothers.  Also, Dr. Iyer who is on staff at St. Alexius.

As for NCH, I've heard good things about Dr. Timothy Albion and the practice he is with. Along with, Dr. Jane Oh and the practice she is with.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Womancare PC (www.womancarepc.com) is affiliated with NCH.  I have not been to the hospital for anything maternity before, but they took good care of my hubby when he got sick last year.

This is the practice someone else mentioned that has Dr Albion.  I have my first appt with him in 2 weeks.  I had been seeing Dr Erlich, who is a great GYN but does not deliver babies.  I like the nurses and the ultrasound lady was awesome.  They do everything on the computer, its clean, efficiently run, nice place with nice place

• I go to Dr. Kahan out of WomanCare and I think he is such a great doctor. I have to see Albion in a couple weeks and looking forward to that. I really like NCH, I have had family members there and the nurses are great. I am looking forward to having my baby there.

• NCH is opening a new hi-tech pro-privacy/comfort maternity floor in may. It's supposed to have all private rooms with a shower and bed for Dad. They also boast about wire-less mointoring and other medical technology perks. Of course it won't do me a lick of good as I'm due in April. I'll probably have to deliver in a construction zone.
    Lilypie - (JLjB)

• imagei*heart*him:

Dr. Jane Oh in Arlington Heights is amazing.  Right across from NWCH.

That is where I go.

They are all great.  

https://www.gyneandob.com/Pages/GO-PhysOh.html

That's where I go too!!  I see either Dr. Oh or Dr. Chamberlain ... I have since I was 13 years old!

• My sister is an OB that delivers out of BOTH hospitals, and she sent me to St. Alexius to deliver. She says the staff is hands down nicer and more attentive, and I completely agree. She has delivered my own child plus 7 nieces and nephews at both hospitals and we all agree that St A's is the way to go.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"