Orange County Babies

Greater Newport OBGYN and PCP

Hello ladies,

My insurance is changing so I am seeking out recommendations on Greater Newport OBGYNs, specifically those accepting Health Net HMO insurance.

Thank you!

Re: Greater Newport OBGYN and PCP

• Not sure about the HMO thing...sorry! I think there was a PP on doctor rec's a couple of weeks ago but I LOVE Gigi Kroll as an OB. There are several posters on here who also see her and highly recommend her,too.

My Gyn is Christine Chai and she is probably the single best doctor I have ever had. She dropped her OB practice several years ago so I went with her former partner Dr Kroll when I found out I was pregnant. If you don't need OB, I'd go with Dr. Chai but I also highly recommend Dr. Kroll if you need OB care as well. Both are awesome docs.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • you can go to hoaghospital.org and search for doctors that take your insurance and it will bring up a list. then ask us :) so we can tell you if we have heard of them.
  • Loading the player...
  • Here are the doctors that I know for sure take HMO...

Richard Agnew, Morris Ahdoot, James Barber, Evangeline Chu, Weatherford Clayton, Lisa Diaz, Alex Deyan, Gregory Dirocco, Nasrin Farbakhsh, Tonia Marralle, Jeffrey Podlas, Patricia Strachan, Jonathan Wheeler, Charles Moniak, and the Newport Beach OBGYN Medical Group including Bernard Feldman, Patricia Korber, Christina Lee, Jennifer Lee, and Stephanie Ricci.

Does anyone have any experiences with any of the above?

• Christina Lee has been great so far!  
  • I love mine, Dr. Amy VanBlaricom...she's in the same office as Gigi Kroll.  Great office and great doctors!!
  • I have an HMO through Pacificare.  Dr. Jennifer Lee is my OBGYN and I loved her.  Very down to earth, easy to talk to, never felt rushed, always felt informed, she was present for my delivery (although barely since I didn't have much pushing), was supportive of us adopting so soon after the birth of our DS.  My PCP and my children's pediatrician is Dr. Brenda Mah-McCaa.  She is very informative and spends a lot of time with us, but as a result we usually have a long wait time which is annoying with 2 toddlers.
  • If you can get Gigi Kroll with your HMO, you won't be sorry. She's the OB of nearly every female physician at Hoag.
  • I go to Dr. DiRocco and he's awesome. He's very patient & thorough...and his staff is beyond wonderful! I had a high-risk pregnancy and they all helped me feel so comfortable. Highly recommend him!

GL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"