South Jersey Babies
Options

Thinking of moving to South Jersey

Hi Ladies,

I am thinking of moving to South Jersey (outside of Philly probably).  I am originally from PA (Lancaster County) and now live in Texas. I want to move back to the Northeast and be closer to my parents but need to live near a metro area for jobs, etc.  Can anyone tell me about your community and why you like it?  Now is the time to brag about your neighborhood!!!  Thanks so much. I appreciate any help you can give!

Re: Thinking of moving to South Jersey

• Options

Hi there!

I live in Cherry Hill, which is right outside of Philadelphia.  I love it here, but the taxes are a little high.  We're actually thinking of moving to Marlton or Mount Laurel, which have lower taxes and are very close to Cherry Hill.  I used to live in Houston!  Where do you live in Texas?

Erin  :) 

• Options
    We live in Cherry Hill.  We're about 5 minutes from 2 bridges and the Patco line into Philly.  We also live really close to tons of shopping and restaurants in S. Jersey.  We have great neighbors and the school system is great in Cherry Hill.  We really love our location.  Our house is actually on the market now, but only because we've been in this starter home for 5 years now and we're ready to move into our "forever home" now that our LO is on the way. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hey :)  I moved to Cherry Hill with my husband this past October.  I agree the taxes were alarmingly high when we were looking, therefore Cherry Hill wasn't on our list to find houses.  We were looking in Cinnaminson, Delran, Marlton and Mount Laurel.  But I happen to come across this house, and after going to see it and see the neighborhood - it is exactly what we were looking for!!  We were moving from Philly, and between the city wage taxes (considering we both worked in Jersey already) and the tolls we paid everyday...and a few other things we would save just by moving to Jersey (i.e. car insurance)...it almost balanced out the difference in taxes.  But like I said, we fell in love and got the house of our dreams.  Best of luck in your search and keep us posted!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"