Birth Stories
Options

DD's Early Arrival via C-Section (long)

Well, this is a few days late as the past week has been an emotional roller coaster. 

Adriana Isabel was born on Wed September 2 at 2:21pm weighing 6lbs. 9 ozs. and meaured 19 1/2 inches long.

On Friday August 28th I began having contractions and spoke with doc about them.  Since they were still 12-15 minutes apart they decided to let me stay home over the weekend.  As the weekend progressed, my contractions stayed the same but the pain was terrible.  I was also getting horrible pain at the incision site from my previous c-section.  On Monday, I called in to work and got an appointment first thing with my doc.  They did an NST and while I was having contractions, they weren't too concerned about them because they weren't really frequent (still about 15 minutes or so apart).  They were however a bit concerned about the scar pain.  They sent me home to rest and told me to call if the pain continued after I slept a bit and drank some extra fluids.  I called back around 2 and was sent to L & D.  

The doc from my practice that was on call ordered extra fluids, did another NST, and an exam.  The contractions pretty much stopped after the additional fluids and the exam was OK.  They were thinking it could be just an irritable uterus from dehydration or muscular pain or it could be my incision, there was no way to really know.  They ordered me off work immediately, sent me home, and had me call for a folllow up appt on Wed. to keep an eye on things.

Wed came and when I told the doc the pain was not getting better and I actually thought the pain was radiating in to my legs.  She sent me to the hospital immediately.  After consulting with another doc there, they were taking her today.  They didn't want to risk my scar rupturing.  She wouldn't even allow me to go home and shower or grab my things.  My hubby was filling out paperwork at a new job at the time and MIL had DS.  I sent a text to my hubby hoping he would get it, he did.  I told him to stay and get his stuff done but come to the hospital ASAP.  I really tried to play it cool like I was fine, because I didn't want him panicing.  I also called MIL to let her know what was going on and I called my mom to meet me at L & D since I was alone at that point in time and wanted someone there.  I was in a panic knowing she was coming much earlier than I wanted and feeling very alone since DH was busy.  Even though I knew he would be done and to the hospital in time, I completely lost it in the car.  I cried in fear of being alone and DD coming too early.  Once I got that out of my system I drove to the hospital, which is less than a block from my dr. office.

I arrived around noon and they prepped me.  I was so happy to see my nurse from Monday night.  I loved her!  My mom appeared right away and my dad showed up too.  Finally around 1:30 or so DH came and had stopped at home and grabbed everything since it was on the way to the hospital and he wanted the camera.  They gave me my spinal and cath in the OR like I requested and it seemed like everything took forever because they were being really careful, not knowing the situation with my scar.  When they pulled her out she cried right away.  I felt immediate relief.  My doc said the scar did not rupture but I had a severe amount of scar tissue that had attached to my abdominal muscles that was most likely causing the intense pain.  I felt so bad knowing she could have stayed in longer and that the scar really wasn't compromised.

I am still in the hospital recovering and should leave tomorrow.  I did have some adverse reactions to the Morphine and Nubaine.  Once they were out of my system, I felt much better. DD is still in the NICU because her breathing is really fast.  She is on oxygen, but it is down to about 24%, which is good since she started out at about 60%.  She also got a feeding tube today and finally is able to get some of my pumped milk.  Hopefully this last one they put in tonight will stay in because she has pulled 2 of them out so far.  If she does well on this, they can wean her off of her IV.  She will not be able to come home with me tomorrow, but hopefully later this week.  We will keep our fingers crossed her breathing gets better.

I can't wait for her to get home and be with the rest of her family.  We all love her so much!

Re: DD's Early Arrival via C-Section (long)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"