Baby Names

Harper Ann??

Does this sound alright?

We are trying for all A middle names...

my middle name is Ann and I want to pass it on to a daughter...

If you don't like it, can you suggest other A middle names

thank you!!

Re: Harper Ann??

• I think that name is ADORABLE!  I love it!

• I really like it:)

• Loading the player...
  • Well, the Prime Minister of Canada is Stephen Harper, so I think it's a REALLY weird choice for a girl's name, esp. now.  It would be like naming a girl Obama Ann. 

That said, I like the name Anne.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • I like Ann. ?I also thought of Alana, Alison, and Ainsley.
  • I'm partial to Alison... because it's my name! Ann is a solid staple. I don't know what you are working with for a last name but Harper Ann could be "harp on" or "harpoon".  Harper Anna is nice too.

Harper Alyse

Harper Anise

Harper April

Harper Angel

Harper Avril

Let us know what you decide!

• wow you guys are fast!

My H and I can only agree on a few girl's names - Peyton, Harper, Addison, 

Although I'm not sure about Addison, because I have a sister name Allison

And I want a name that doesn't end in "y" or "ie" like Macy does, its redundant with our last name, names like these sound better, 

say like our last name is Bunde - my H is Brett Bunde and I am Lindsey Bunde - his sounds better, mine sounds redundant.

• imageBelleIsa:

Well, the Prime Minister of Canada is Stephen Harper, so I think it's a REALLY weird choice for a girl's name, esp. now.  It would be like naming a girl Obama Ann. 

Not quite... Harper is widely accepted as a first name. Obama is not. (Not yet, anyway!),

I like Harper Ann, but other ideas are Harper Alexandra, Harper Alexis, Harper Alisa, Harper Annaliese, Harper Annabel, Harper Anna, Harper Alaina, Harper Aileen

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I like Harper Ann, or Harper Annette.
  • I also like Harper Amelia. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageBelleIsa:

Well, the Prime Minister of Canada is Stephen Harper, so I think it's a REALLY weird choice for a girl's name, esp. now.  It would be like naming a girl Obama Ann. 

I don't think anyone, except Canadians, actually knows what the Prime Minister of Canada's name is. Plus, Harper was a first name long before Mr. Harper was Prime Minister. lol I wouldn't let this bother you...

• imageBelleIsa:

Yeah, no one cares what the Canadian PM's name is. Harper is a common enough FN, so NO ONE (aside from you, no offense) would think it's equivalent to naming a kid Obama Ann.

To the OP though, I heard the Beach Boys' song, "Barbara Ann" when I read it. Har-Har-Har, Har-Harper Ann...

I really like Harper though- maybe Harper Annise? Oooh- I actually REALLY like that!

• I really like PP's suggestion of Harper Amelia.

How about Harper Abigail?

• imageOwlison:

I'm partial to Alison... because it's my name! Ann is a solid staple. I don't know what you are working with for a last name but Harper Ann could be "harp on" or "harpoon".  Harper Anna is nice too.

Harper Alyse

Harper Anise

Harper April

Harper Angel

Harper Avril

Let us know what you decide!

i dont get this... how is harper ann like  "harp on" or "harpoon".  why are you dropping the "er" and making ann into "on" or "oon"???

anyway i love the name harper.  i have a harper too! 

• I LOVE LOVE Harper Ann.  It's perfection - don't change a thing. 

Anyone tring to think of a reference to Harper would think of Harper Lee, which is a great thing IMO.

• i like harper ann :)
  • I love it!
  • I like Harper and I would use Ann because it is a family name. It sounds fine together.
  • I like Ann but really,really dislike the name Harper. My dislike aside, I think Ann works nicely as a middle name with it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    imageimageimage
  • I love the name, its very pretty!
  • imageMrs.Christie:
    I like Ann but really,really dislike the name Harper. My dislike aside, I think Ann works nicely as a middle name with it.

I completely agree. I don't understand why people like this name, but to each their own! 

• likey Yes
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• I love Harper - not a fan of the name Ann, though - even if it is your mn (it's mine, too, btw and I've never liked it). However, if it's important to you, use it!?
  • I think its cute!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have boys... that make fun of EVERYTHING. I was having a moment.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"