Orange County Babies

Woohoo I'm an Auntie!!

My sister's water broke about 6:30AM on Friday.  She got to the hospital around 11 and my mom and I joined about 11:30.  She was contracting but nothing major.  By 2:30 they had done all the testing, knew she was in labor, her water had broken, the doc broke it the rest of the way and started her on a VERY low dose of pitocin (since they were now under the time constraint since the water was broken).  She did incredible.  By about 5 she was ready for the epidural (for you new mommies, definitely call for the epidural when you think you need it because it can take awhile to get it).  Hers was finally in around 6:30, pitocin was upped.  Around 10 they started talking about doing a c-section because she wasn't progressing (had been at 4cm for awhile), but they decided to give her an hour and see what happened.  Well, that did the trick, by 11:30 she was at 6.  Everything went great until about 1:45AM when baby started to not tolerate labor (we later found out the cord was around her neck).  By 2AM they had her doing some practice pushing.  Mom and I left at that point and by 2:26 Gabrielle Mae was here (it only took 6 pushes).  Dr. Linzey was her OB and he's awesome!! I seriously can't say enough positive things about him.

Gabby surprised us all by arriving 2.5 weeks early (the little bugger, no one was ready hehe).  She's tiny ... 6lbs 4oz but 20" long.  She's amazing!!! Very healthy and doing great!! I'm so in love!!!!

Just thought I'd share her story .. :):)

Our Journey to Brenden

IVF #1: 4/11(Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) 10 retrieved/8 mature and all 8 fertilized / 2 embies transferred ... nothing to freeze Beta 5/10 = BFN

IVF Take 2 Long Lupron July 2011

ER 7/3/11 (our 6th anniversary) - 8 retrieved/7 mature/fert ....ET 7/6/11 - 2 beautiful grade A 8 cell embryos

Beta 7/18/11 - 149!!! Beta 7/21/11 - 311 Beta 7/28/11 - 2,000 8/5/11 - Empty Sac 8/8/11 - There's a yolk sac and maybe a heartbeat 8/12/11 - Fetal pole, yolk sac, heartbeat 8/18/11 - Baby looks GREAT!
3 babies waiting on ice

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Woohoo I'm an Auntie!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"