Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

NGPR: Best way to melt peanut butter?

Stove? Yes, very dumb question but I have never melted it before.

Im thinking microwave would make it gross! (unless I did it in small amounts maybe adding water or milk?)

Re: NGPR: Best way to melt peanut butter?

• Options
    No idea - I hate peanut butter.  But I'm curious, why do you want to melt it???
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    No idea...just wondering what you're melting it for...I may want some!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Why? Are you making me some buckeyes? I could go for some you knowBig Smile
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Someone posted the below recipe for chocolate peanut butter pie the other day. I've made 2 of them (1 for work, 1 for home) and want to put some melted peanut butter on top.

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie.

Make a graham crust with 1 1/4 cups crumbs and a half cup of melted butter.  Mix well, then form into pie plate.

Make one package of chocolate pudding as directed and let stand for two minutes.  Then mix in 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1/2 cup cream cheese.  Mix well, then spoon into crust.  Chill for several hours before serving.

I'm also a fan of melting some peanut butter and drizzling it over the top, and sometimes I'll mix in white chocolate chips.

• Options
    You have to do that double pan thing...One pan on the bottom with boiling water then another pan on top with the peanut butter...I think it's called a double broiler???
  • Options
    How 'melted' does it need to be?  I usually put it in the microwave for 30 seconds before adding a scoop of ice cream and it is NEVER gross.
    DD1: Sep 10 / DD2: Nov 12 / Surprise LO3: Jul 14
  • Options

micro works just fine when i'm baking. what are you planning on using it for?

• Options

Microwave it! Easiest way ever.

• Options
    I would just microwave it but stir it every 15-20 seconds so it doesn't get gross.
    Helene (Nova726)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    imageEricsWife2005:

Someone posted the below recipe for chocolate peanut butter pie the other day. I've made 2 of them (1 for work, 1 for home) and want to put some melted peanut butter on top.

Make a graham crust with 1 1/4 cups crumbs and a half cup of melted butter.  Mix well, then form into pie plate.

Make one package of chocolate pudding as directed and let stand for two minutes.  Then mix in 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1/2 cup cream cheese.  Mix well, then spoon into crust.  Chill for several hours before serving.

I'm also a fan of melting some peanut butter and drizzling it over the top, and sometimes I'll mix in white chocolate chips.

After looking at your recipe...I wouldn't melt the PB. Just let the cream cheese get soft and mix them together. HTH! : )

Sounds yummy...I may have to make some myself! ;)

• Options
    imageahoover85:
    imageEricsWife2005:

After looking at your recipe...I wouldn't melt the PB. Just let the cream cheese get soft and mix them together. HTH! : )

Sounds yummy...I may have to make some myself! ;)

I want to melt peanut butter to drizzle on top, not to mix into the actual pie filling.
  • Options
    Umm hello, does this mean no buckeyes for me?Crying
  • Options

imagelyse2143:
    Sorry my dear, no buckeyes for you. Sad

You still luv me though! Wink

• Options
    imageEricsWife2005:

imagelyse2143:
    Sorry my dear, no buckeyes for you. Sad

You still luv me though! Wink

I'm thinking.

Of course I do!!

• Options
    I made this last week. I just melted the PB in a small bowl for a maybe 10-30 seconds. YOu willsee it start to melt down. Then i poured it into a ziploc bag and snipped the corner off and drizzled it.
  • Options

Jumping in a bit late: A good way to make it like a peanutbutter topping is to add Karo syrup (or any other brand light corn syrup).  This is not a good idea if you are going for healthy.  You can do it on the stove or in the micro, stirring often. 

• Options
    imagemanda19:
    I made this last week. I just melted the PB in a small bowl for a maybe 10-30 seconds. YOu willsee it start to melt down. Then i poured it into a ziploc bag and snipped the corner off and drizzled it.
    Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"