Birth Stories

stab me in the back & drug me.

so this is long, just warning lol.

i woke up monday [8/24/2009] morning a little after 6 having to pee. big whoop, what girl in the 3rd tri doesnt!? well then i woke up agian around 7, feeling like i had started my period. that gross wet feeling, yes, thats the one! well i knew that wasnt the case so then i thought surely i hadnt wet the bed, i JUST went. i know LO is on my bladder, but dang! so i get up, go, and wipe..noticing i was bleeding. hm, thats not supposed to happen. "babe, wake up. we need to go to the hospital." lol, poor guy heard the word hospital & tripped going out the front door. by the time we got there i had this same "wet" feeling again. ugh, gross, what is going on!? i walked off the elevator to the nurses station in L&D & had fluid running down my leg. i officially "sprung a leak" lol. mind you, this is all in a matter of 30 minutes. the nurse gets me to change & get up on the bed for her to check me. she gave me the slightest touch and *GUSH*

omg. this. is. really. happening.

i was then informed that my regular doc was out, so i would be seen by the on-call. thank god i actually knew the man & was comfortable with this! well he didnt actually come in to see me until around 9. i was only dilated 1cm so he ordered a pitocin drip. about an hour or so later my contractions were 3 min apart & not very comfortable! lol. i was given stayadol for the time being. after reaching my limit of stayadol for the day, the nurse recommended me getting my epidural. sally, my anesthetic, yes i remember her name, the woman brought me great happiness :] she administered it around 12-1pm. it actually didnt hurt. there was a small pinch for the numbing shot & i felt nothing else, pure bliss <3 about an hour later i have this annoying cramping feeling in my right side. hm, agian, not supposed to happen. my worst fear was confirmed, my epi only took to one side. sally came in, evaluated my back & decided to re-do it. yes, i was stabbed in 2 different vertibrae [sp]. the second didnt hurt either & took to both sides. bliss, agian :]

around 5 pm, doc came in to check for progression. i was FINALLY 4cm. i know, barely 4cm in 10hours. woo hoo, my body is gReat..ha! doc then said that at this point most woman progress 1cm every hour, but he was going to give me 2 hours/cm. then another thing i didnt want to hear..if i didnt progress that 1cm in the next 2 hours we would work more towards a c-section. eek, scary. well i think "c-section" put the fear of god in my body b/c i progressed that ONE cm in those 2 hours. ugh. only one cm. well agian, he said one more or else. this next check was around 9:30pm. the nurse came in to do the check & to much of my surprise i was FULLY dilated!! :] yayy!! i was then told we would start pushing in about an hour, as long as nothing fabulous happened before!!

omg. i'm. having. a. baby. tonight.

so roughly a little after 10pm my guests were cleared out except those i wanted for the birth & we started pushing. 40 minutes & a vaccuum suction later, Truett James was brought into the world. my little monkey was born at 37wk1d, 11:08pm, weighing 6lbs 7oz, 18 3/4in long :]

he is an absolute joy & the most handsome man i know. i love him even more than i could ever imagine!

EDIT: my little monkey :]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: stab me in the back &amp;amp; drug me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"