Birth Stories
Options

My short birth story and PIP

I had a regular checkup on Tuesday the 25th.  Doc said because I'm a diabetic, he wanted to induce before my due date (today).  So I went in on Wednesday and started labor.  It was actually pretty textbook, not very eventful.  I got the epidural, and highly recommend it for ladies like me who just plain have zero pain tolerance.  Although it did begin wearing off about the time I was fully dilated... which was no good because she was posterior (face-up) and the doc wanted me to wait for an hour to see how far she would progress on her own, since pushing is automatically harder with posterior babies. So I had to just grin and bear it for a while, and felt every contraction. I pushed for about 45 minutes total, and my sweet, beautiful baby girl was born!  It was so awesome!  Never will I ever experience anything like it again (until baby #2!)

We named her Cora Louise.  She was 8 lbs 9 oz, 20 inches long.  Labor lasted about 17 hours total.  She has a ton of hair and is breastfeeding so so so well which is a huge blessing.

Oh, man, DH and I are so lucky!

imageimage" mce_src="image">

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My short birth story and PIP

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"