LGBT Parenting
Options

Ugh

I wore a pair of K's men's pants this weekend Embarrassed The last two pairs of jeans I still fit comfortably were in the wash and K and I needed to run errands so I wore hers. omg - they were so comfy (probably because they aren't low rise so the button above the bloat) but I felt awful.  Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for every moment of this pregnancy but I'm not going to sit here and lie and say it's all puppies and rainbows.  Yes, I've had it really easy but my disappearing waistline really bothers me.  It would be one thing if my belly was expanding outward, but noooo, I'm just getting wider.  This is really hard for a girl that's always been within 10lbs of my high school weight.  I don't feel comfortable in my skin and regardless of pregnancy that is a new feeling for me. I know I'll adjust in time but at this moment it sucks and I just need to vent it out.  Thanks for listening!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ugh

• Options

Don't worry you are not alone.  It sucks and it feels strange not to have control over your body.  But don't worry it will seem less strange over time.  You just let it go.  At least that is what I did.  Oh and get yourself some maternity jeans!  They are the best and I thought I would never go back to real jeans again.  They even have fab brands like lucky and seven. 

• Options

I have one pair of jeans left that I can wear without the be band - just one!  Already!  We went out this weekend to shop for jeans for me in a size up.  I'm not ready for maternity yet, but it would nice to have pants that I can at least zip.  I've only gained like 2 lbs, but (aside from the portion of that weight which went to straight to my now-overflowing bra...) it's gone right to my belly, making all my pants instantly too small.  And I will admit, it was a little bit of a bummer reaching for the next size up, the largest I've ever purchased, and it can feel weird looking down at my belly knowing that it's not yet baby bump, but still bigger than before.  Hang in there - soon you'll look down and see "baby" not "weight."

If you're interested, I recommend the Pregnancy Book by Dr Sears.  It goes month by month and talks about all the physical and emotional things that we go through in pregnancy, including dealing with body changes.  It also acknowledges that some women love pregnancy and some hate it - while some alternate between those feelings daily, which is perfectly normal.

Anyway - I'm jealous that you've got comfy jeans to steal!! Wink

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! The bright side to the whole thing is that K said I looked really cute in her boy jeans - lol!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"