Detroit Babies
Options

Maternity photos

Hi ladies!  I'm looking to have a maternity photo session done, but need to find someone relatively inexpensive to do it.  Any recommendations?  We used Dionne from The Shooting Gallery for our wedding and as much as I'd love to use her, we just can't afford it right now (hubby was laid off in July).

TIA!

Kristy

Re: Maternity photos

• Options

What are you looking to spend?  Figure out what kind of pictures you want and sizes, because you can spend a small fortune on reprints and that can really make a difference on what you end up spending at one place vs. another.  I've seen 8x10s vary in price between $15 and $30.  I found places offering free sittings, but the prices of reprints made them far more expensive then those with sitting fees.

I did DS's newborn photos with Robert Bruce.  I didn't have a maternity session done, but have seen pictures he's done and they were really nice (there's some on his website).  I loved how the newborn shots turned out.  I'm not sure if he travels.  I was looking for simple shots, so the studio worked great.  His sessions run $175 and includes a 4x6 photo of every picture he takes (we ended up with about 80 edited images).  Many frames are 4x6 instead of 5x7, so we just bought some 8x10s and called it good.  His prices for reprints were pretty reasonable too- on the lower end of most places I was looking at.

We're meeting next week with Amanda Williams to have 1-year pictures taken, so I don't have any opinions yet.  Her fee is $150 (plus a small travel fee if you're outside her travel radius).  You get 8 pictures printed and put into a folio (I think similar to the ones for senior pictures), but you also get a cd with all the high res images and consent to print the images on your own which is extremely nice. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks Renee!  That helps out a lot.  We actually met with him for our wedding.  I love that Robert Bruce gave you 4x6 prints of every image.  I'm not looking for anything fancy...just a few pics to have as keepsakes.  I loved the newborn pics he took of Noah!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks!  I actually would have loved to have him do the 1 year pictures.  We just have a lot of people who want pictures, so it made more sense to get the rights to the images and then print it out ourselves. 

So how are you feeling?!  I can't believe it's getting so close for you.  Seems like you just announced your pg!  I'm sorry to hear about your DH's job.  Does he have any leads on something new or do you think the company might hire him back if things pick up?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have a friend who does photography.  She just did a maternity shoot for me and I'm really happy with how it turned out.  She's also an art teacher, so she likes to do "creative" pictures.  She's really good.  She took ALOT of pictures too, so you are guaranteed to get some really good ones.  She gives you a disk with all of them, so you can print whichever ones you want.  Here is her website:

www.artsyt.com

or to view some of her work:

www.artsyt.exposuremanager.com

Good luck!

• Options

MCapler - your friend is very talented!  Thank you for the info!!  I'm going to get in touch with her.

• Options
    I'm going with Classic Photography in Southfield.  I looked at tons of websites and photography is sooo expensive.  My neighbor had Classic do their engagement and wedding photos and her sister had them do the bump and newborn pics.  Their pics turned out nice but they weren't amazing to me (they loved them, which is what matters)... but I think it was the settings the people wanted, not that the photographer wasn't good.  Anyhow, for $150, they do the maternity session as well as the newborn session, as many clothing changes, settings, etc. as you want and then give you all the photos on a CD to do with them what you want.  That's hard to find.  We plan on doing our bump session in a week or two so we shall see!
  • Options

I used Tricia Carter last year for my sisters and I to get family pictures done and LOVE her.  They took so many pictures and was very flexible.  She is near Brighton but will meet with you also!

https://www.triciacarterphotography.com/

• Options

My brother-in-law Adam is a photographer and does these kinds of photo sessions.

His website is www.breakfastwithadam.com  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"