North County (oceanside area) Need OB/GYN and hospital advice! — The Bump
San Diego Babies

North County (oceanside area) Need OB/GYN and hospital advice!

Hi!! This is my first post :) my husband and I just moved to the Oceanside area from the south and now I have to find a new OB :( I LOVED my OB back home so this is a tough one for me. I am open to ANY suggestions- I prefer a woman (I know men are just as good, Im just VERY modest) but will take male reccomendations as well, really I just want someone good.

Also I need some hospital reccomendations- Tri-City medical center is closest too me but Ive read some bad reviews online? I dont really know anyone so the online thing is all Ive got to go on. Ive heard Scripps is better but the closest one in Encinitas (sp?) is about 30 minutes away... I did sign up for the tri-city tour and thats where we are taking our classes- just because I couldnt find anywhere else lol..

All advice is welcome!! I am due in Mid-October so really hoping to find someone soon :)

Re: North County (oceanside area) Need OB/GYN and hospital advice!

• Hi. I live in Vista and I actually travel to Rancho Bernardo (30 minutes) and will be delivering at Pomerado Hospital. North Coast Womens group is in Vista and they are really good but i have had a lot of trouble getting in there when I needed to be seen. The wait for a general exam was 6 weeks the last time I called. I went with a friends recommendation and called Poway Womens Care and I now see Dr. Le. I know it may be a bit of a drive but my experience has been well worth it. I grew up in Vista and I do not recommend Tri City Hospital. They may have improved over the years but they dont have the best reputation with locals. Just my 2 cents. Hope I helped some.
  • I live in Oceanside and travel to La Jolla to see Dr. Ramos at UCSD Medical Center.  I will deliver in Hillcrest.  They have been amazing.  I started out at Tri-City Hospital and had a few very bad experiences in my first trimester, so I switched hospitals.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes!! It definately helped!! It sucks that you have to drive almost an hour to a good Dr!! such a change for me.. Is the group in Vista called North Coast Womens Care by chance?? I googled north coast womens group but couldnt find them and I think poway may be too far its about 45 mins. Do you like them there? How has the experience been? Im really nervous about Tri-City.... Have you heard anything about Scripps Encinitias?
  • Hillcrest- is that in San Diego? I live over by the base so Im hesitant to drive to San Diego to deliver..it would probably be about 45 mins if traffic cooperated. What do you think?? Should I not worry about commute time?
  • I go to Escondido OBGYN and will be delivering at Palomar Hospital. I also work at Palomar and have heard great things about PPH.
  • Yes- North Coast Womens Care is probably the right name for them. I can't imagine there would be another one. I always liked the docs there. I was treated by a few of them when I had a large cyst removed when I was 19. Over the years though they just seem to overbook more and more and I could never get an appointment. I've heard good things about Scripps Encinitas but I'm not sure of any doctors that are affiliated with them. That would probably be the closest option for you that would provide the best care.
  • I live in Oceanside (on the Vista border) and Tri-City is just a couple miles away.  I was planning to deliver at Scripps Encinitas until I learned I am having identicals and will need to deliver at Sharp Mary Birch.

A friend of mine has had a good experience with these doctors that deliver out of Encinitas:

https://www.pacificcoastwomenshealth.com/

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I'm in San Elijo Hills and was recommended to Women's Integrated Health in Encinitas.  https://www.encinitasobgyn.com/index.html

I am currently seeing Dr. Truong and she's fabulous!

I was originally referred to Dr. Enyedy-Rambur and that office, but then heard some comments from disappointed clients.  Dr. Rambur was fine from my first visit, I just prefer Dr. Truong's style better - proactive and really walked me through everything.  Dr. Zaid and Dr. Makani have received favorable reviews from what I've seen as well.

Good luck!

• North coast womens care is good I am seeing dr brody. and you can go to Scripps Encinitias wich is very good and a has a new state of the art brithing wing. I had the same issues you had moving to this area from the OC. But I know Scripps all have a good rep.
  • imagekovac0306:
    Hi. I live in Vista and I actually travel to Rancho Bernardo (30 minutes) and will be delivering at Pomerado Hospital. North Coast Womens group is in Vista and they are really good but i have had a lot of trouble getting in there when I needed to be seen. The wait for a general exam was 6 weeks the last time I called. I went with a friends recommendation and called Poway Womens Care and I now see Dr. Le. I know it may be a bit of a drive but my experience has been well worth it. I grew up in Vista and I do not recommend Tri City Hospital. They may have improved over the years but they dont have the best reputation with locals. Just my 2 cents. Hope I helped some.

I go to that same office, I see Dr Kohatsu. I'll be delivering at Palomar too. I love Dr Kohatsu, she's great, but that is a pretty hefty drive from O'side. I live in Escondido.

• imagekovac0306:
    Hi. I live in Vista and I actually travel to Rancho Bernardo (30 minutes) and will be delivering at Pomerado Hospital. North Coast Womens group is in Vista and they are really good but i have had a lot of trouble getting in there when I needed to be seen. The wait for a general exam was 6 weeks the last time I called. I went with a friends recommendation and called Poway Womens Care and I now see Dr. Le. I know it may be a bit of a drive but my experience has been well worth it. I grew up in Vista and I do not recommend Tri City Hospital. They may have improved over the years but they dont have the best reputation with locals. Just my 2 cents. Hope I helped some.

A close friend of mine delivered at Palomar Pomerado and she LOVED it! Since she has Kaiser and they don't have a L&D facilities in SD county they work out of there. 

Avoid Tri-City if you can. They do their best, but the funding for public hospitals being what it is...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards