Birth Stories
Options

wanted to share a beautiful home birth story

this was a birth that i attended.  i just started working as a midwife here and this was the first one that i have attended in my new area. 

i got a call from the head midwife that the client was in labor this morning around 7am.  she was going to check her and call me back.  meanwhile i jumped in the shower, got dressed and packed a lunch.  the day was so beautiful and perfect for a birth. 

she called me back and told me the client was 6cms and contracting regularly.  so out the door i went on my 80 mile journey to the clients house.  i got there pretty quickly around 9:15 and found mama in the bed moaning and breathing deeply.  her DH was acting a little nervous and trying to be helpful, but really wasn't.  he was trying and that's all that mattered. 

not too long after i got there she was asking to be checked and we did and she was 8cms.  mom was not happy to hear that, she was so ready to have her baby.  she went and sat on the toilet for a little while.  sometimes that really helps moms to push.  then we heard this low grunting sound and we knew the birth was close.

we got her back into the bed and checked her again and she was ready to push around 10:10am.  well she only had to do that for 16mins and then her baby came right out.  he was good size, 8lbs 3oz and 21.5 in. 

mom did great, she only had a small tear that we didn't even have to repair.  she breastfeed asap and we did the newborn exam.  he was perfect in every way! 

it was a great birth!  thanks for letting me share. 

Re: wanted to share a beautiful home birth story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"