Baby Showers

Invite ?

Two of my friends live out of state and probably won't be attending the shower. Do I still send them an invite?

TIA!

Re: Invite ?

• yeah you never know
  • I think so...I'm doing that for a couple of my friends.  :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, I'm having invites sent to lots of peeps that I know wont make it, because its cute, and also serves as an "I'm pregnant" announcement in case they dont already know
  • I only have 3 friends, the local one offered to throw me a shower (hurray!), but I want to invite the other two, even though I'm nearly positive they can't come.  I hope they understand it's not an invitation to send something, but an invitation to include them.  I wish they could come!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • If they are truly GOOD friends who would 'of course' be there if theylived local, yes, I'd still invite them.  I had a couple friends like that.  But- I still believe people should use caution when inviting OOT people.  Don't invite every distant relative who you never see just to "include" them.  Keep the event in perspective!
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Sure.  As someone who lives far away from the state where I grew up, it's nice to get the invitation and know I was thought of.
  • I invite my best friend (who lives 8 hours away) to every event I have.  She loves seeing the invite and sometimes is able to come.  She works every week-end so doesn't get here often...but when she comes it is a treat.  Maybe your friends will come together!
  • I would send them invites too!
    Hatching the Hawks
    Hatching the Hawks
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"